“climate emergency”

I do believe that Republicans reject science if it inconveniences them.

Track record seems pretty clear on that. See eg masks

Are we talking about real marks like an N95 that's designed to keep our viruses or like a simple cloth covering that couldn't stop CV19 with a bad Cinco de Mayo hangover?

Are we talking about real marks like an N95 that's designed to keep our viruses or like a simple cloth covering that couldn't stop CV19 with a bad Cinco de Mayo hangover?

Republican thought process:

1) N95 masks work.
2) Cloth masks are limited in effectiveness relative to N95 masks.
3) People that know what they are talking about tell me that if I can't get an N95 it is wise to wear a cloth mask and will reduce spread of the virus. Not as well as N95, but some.
4) The people saying that know what they are talking about as best as anyone could, but they are not mimicking what Trump said, or what others who i like more politically said, so I discount their advice.
5) Cloth masks are annoying.

Conclusion: Because cloth masks are not as good as N95 and I don't like them, my politics require that I oppose use of them.

1) N95 masks work.
3) People that know what they are talking about tell me that if I can't get an N95 it is wise to wear a cloth mask and will reduce spread of the virus. Not as well as N95, but some.
4) The people saying that know what they are talking about as best as anyone could, but they are not mimicking what Trump said, or what others who i like more politically said, so I discount their advice.

Conclusion: Because cloth masks are not as good as N95 and I don't like them, my politics require that I oppose use of them.
Could be politics or it could be real studies presented and actually observing the disgusting ways they're handled when worn. But hey, always make it political

1) N95 masks work.

So how do feel about the fashionable crocheted masks? Would they be an acceptable alternative?

Reactions: AM64

1) N95 masks work.
1a) Medical workers needed priority of these masks
2a) but don't let that deter you from having a false sense of security and buying something not suited for protection and having every Karen on the planet bitching about my lack of a mask when they aren't effective anyway
3a) And please don't remember we flip flopped on that statement and still can't provide any scientific data to back up non-N95 mask effectiveness
4a) see item 3a
5a) but less annoying than someone freaking out about a virus with a 99% survival rate that was lied to, given conflicting information and had the media blasting it 24-7 into our heads.

FIFY

My conclusion is probably radically different from yours

Republican thought process: Use real world data to draw conclusions. Do not think with feelings or blindly believe every so called "expert".

Real world data:

1) Danish mask study using REAL people showed little, if any difference in infection rate between those that wore masks and those that didn't wear masks.

2) Nation wide mask usage peaked in late summer and fall, yet infections spiked in fall.

3) Michigan has experienced a spike in infections recently because the unconstitutional lock downs are ending and people are finally getting out. Despite mask wearing, people are still catching the virus.

4) The virus is physically about 1000X smaller than the holes in a standard mask and many of the microscopic droplets that contain it are also smaller than the holes in the mask.

Conclusion: Masks are almost assuredly not nearly as effective as a lot of people would like to think or have us believe. See how easy that was!

Could be politics or it could be real studies presented and actually observing the disgusting ways they're handled when worn. But hey, always make it political

If you don't t think there is a strong political element to the mask debate you are out of.your mind.

If you don't t think there is a strong political element to the mask debate you are out of.your mind.
Of course there is. It's why the vaccinated CiC continues to wear one. At this point the mask debate is completely political and does not follow the science

The cloth mask thing is a joke. It was just a last resort to try and do anything possible to help, but they don’t. N95s and N100s are ideal, surgical masks are not as good but ok, cloth is dumb. Want to do a simple experiment? Try to blow out a candle through a surgical mask, then try to blow one out through a cloth mask.

The cloth mask thing is a joke. It was just a last resort to try and do anything possible to help, but they don’t. N95s and N100s are ideal, surgical masks are not as good but ok, cloth is dumb. Want to do a simple experiment? Try to blow out a candle through a surgical mask, then try to blow one out through a cloth mask.

The POTUS's black mask appears to be a cloth one.

Lol I’m not going to speculate on appearances. You can have at it though.

you've seen it - certainly doesn't appear to be an N95

a90f72fd-a912-44d7-b71b-3b03922c93fd.jpeg

here's a surgical one

biden.jpg
Man, I have no idea what’s in that mask. Nobody here does either. Who cares anyway? If he wants to wear a useless cloth mask, let him. My money is on those masks are at least surgical quality if I were betting on it though.

our "follow the science; masks save lives which is why I wear one POTUS" is wearing a mask that is ineffective.

just another example of safety theater
How do you know it’s ineffective?

Quick, tell me which one of these will stop a bullet.

5FFBAA31-C332-4366-8012-BA23CBF2EE9F.jpeg9EFCDDBD-93FF-4577-8EB5-19982DCCF200.jpeg
Oh, you can’t tell? Then stop with the nonsense like you’re working with facts lol

VN Store

Back