“climate emergency”

posted seconds before i did. so happy for you.
View attachment 366336

giphy.gif

Oh. Back to the harmonic vibration on roadway bridges we discussed years ago. Like a dark science.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot just throttle a discharge valve off a centrifigal pump or you would be on the edge of the pump curve. My prior centrifugal compressor experience tells me that. I think..lol. What day is it?

It sounds like a bad thing to do, but I'd have to defer on that to somebody better. If I'm reading you right, I'd have the thought that no flow and local heating would definitely cause cavitation in just about any pump.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Margarine masquerading as butter???s

Remember there were two doing that - the Parkay and butter talking back and forth because Parkay was supposed to be indistinguishable from butter

The other was Chiffon and "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"

There were actually a few decent commercials over the years - my favorite was the Budweiser frogs.

Remember there were two doing that - the Parkay and butter talking back and forth because Parkay was supposed to be indistinguishable from butter

There were actually a few decent commercials over the years - my favorite was the Budweiser frogs.
I remember!]

Parkay had the talking containers, right?

Reactions: AM64

I used to like the old Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull commercials

You know, maybe, as I am new to the pump world. I assume you are talking cavitation possibly. Incidentally I was at a chicken facility today for 2 hours on what might be going on as the moved their feeder pump 12' elevation up a hill to another pond which feeds to a primary pump, yet lost 35 psi discharge at their spray system about a 1/2 mile away. So they picked up NPSH to the primary pump yet lose discrage pressure at POU. Dealing with guys who know their stuff and one of which is an engineers with decades of experience.
impeller is running backwards

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It was a sad day when the old beer commercials died and drug commercials came into being. At least the beer commercials were entertaining, and they didn't need to tell you not to drink beer if you were allergic to beer ...

lol. I didn't even know our government even operated in terms of tens of millions anymore.

"Despite the size of the task, slowly but surely, some shifts are taking place. At the end of April, for instance, the U.S. Department of Energy said it had awarded $19 million of funding to 13 projects focused on the production of rare earth elements and critical minerals. "

thats 1.4 million per project. I doubt you are getting much production out of those. I don't know how much a typical refinery runs, but it aint in the single millions.

And how much of that stuff will we have to buy from China? I know the US produces some, but isn't China the far away leading producer of rare earth minerals?
Yes. And it's what a lot of their Belt and Road Initiative is focused on in other countries.

VN Store

Back