10:00 Brandon Warren---Be Here

goggans is probably off to auburn too, he wants to win. he sure didn't give us any assurance, i believe he will be a tiger.

can't blame Warren for going to FSU to follow his dreams, but one of the reasons he liked LSU was because his mom was from there and she wanted him to go to UT. Now I wish I had gone after his knees in football this year.

I think Packer kind of muscled Warren into coming on the show. He didn't want to be there I don't think.

(smokedog#3 @ Jan 30 said:
goggans is probably off to auburn too, he wants to win. he sure didn't give us any assurance, i believe he will be a tiger.

Bottom line guys, no matter what happens with Riley, Sheppard, Goggans, Mullins, Heath, Whitehead, etc., the coaches have some work to do next season.

Cut had better have the offense humming, Chief bettter have the defense bringing it, and the special teams need to be solid.

If we get back to playing up to UT's standards next year, that'll translate into top 5 recruiting classes again. The talent is there. Just look at last year's recruiting class. We just have to make it win big, and soon. Next year is a big season for the Vols's status as one of the top 5-10 programs in the country.

(smokedog#3 @ Jan 30 said:

Well the hell with them, the hell with all of them. Let's focus on what we have and boost these guys on! Hell we're UT Vols for crying out loud. We will be better than ok, we have Coach Cutt back and some talent to go along with him. Next year recruiting class will be in the top 5 because of our stellar 2006-2007 football season.

(Mr. Rockytop @ Jan 30 said:
Well the hell with them, the hell with all of them. Let's focus on what we have and boost these guys on! Hell we're UT Vols for crying out loud. We will be better than ok, we have Coach Cutt back and some talent to go along with him. Next year recruiting class will be in the top 5 because of our stellar 2006-2007 football season.

:clapping:

(GenNeyland9 @ Jan 30 said:
Bottom line guys, no matter what happens with Riley, Sheppard, Goggans, Mullins, Heath, Whitehead, etc., the coaches have some work to do next season.

Cut had better have the offense humming, Chief bettter have the defense bringing it, and the special teams need to be solid.

If we get back to playing up to UT's standards next year, that'll translate into top 5 recruiting classes again. The talent is there. Just look at last year's recruiting class. We just have to make it win big, and soon. Next year is a big season for the Vols's status as one of the top 5-10 programs in the country.

:eek:k: I agree and am with you 100% on this !

lol... he officially commits to the school he was going to all along, and now people come out saying "well he's just a thug anyway" :lol:

(tidwell @ Jan 30 said:
lol... he officially commits to the school he was going to all along, and now people come out saying "well he's just a thug anyway" :lol:

You had to know that was coming.

(afanalso @ Jan 30 said:
Warren is a #$%^ and as far as im concerned so is his buddy Dustin Lindsey
Yeah, that's a good attitude to have about some of recruits...NOT :no:

(afanalso @ Jan 30 said:
Warren is a #$%^ and as far as im concerned so is his buddy Dustin Lindsey

Yeah,great attitude. All Dustin was guilty of was trying to get Warren to change his mind. If the kid doesn't want to be in Ktown who wants him. The only reason, imo, it was a big deal was that he was the #1 in state player and now we have to listen to the whine from a small few about losing the #1 player again. I like Jacque better anyway. :disappointed:

I hate losing Warren to FSU, but, we already have 3 TE's on the roster and 3 commits, plus a plethora of DE's and 3 commits, so it's not like we lost someone we really needed depth wise. And plus J.T. Mapu's coming back.

What really gets me is this quote:

Warren says, "I'm going to be most happy at FSU." "Not many people can make their dreams come true." I'm looking forward to playing for coach Bowden and representing Tennessee and Blount County in a good manner.

I did not see the show so I had to read this in the paper. If you want to represent Tennessee you go to UT. If you want to represent Tallahassee you go to Fl. State.

I noticed his guidance counselor encouraged him to think about himself instead of everyone else. That's the problem today in schools. They encourage the kids to follow thier "me first" emotions instead of teaching the kids to "man up" and make decisions based on "the big picture" where they analyze the affects and effects of thier decisions behond just ME , MYSELF, and I. The reality of his decision will sink in about 3 days after landing in Tallahassee. In pride he may say it was the best decision he ever made, but on the inside there will be no peace because he chose himself over his family and the community that surrounded him and developed him into the tallent he is. Good luck and good bye Mr. Warren.

Look guys we are all disappointed about Brandon's decision but he did what he felt like he needed to do. It's fine to carry on that you feel he made the wrong decision or even that we don't need him, but let's not stoop to calling a local 17 year old kid names just because he chose to go to another school. I think it's uncalled for and I don't think it sends a good message to other recruits and parents who may be reading this board.

I agree with you 100% Freak.

I'll go one further and say that if you want to be upset about us not getting some of these guys, you should direct your attention to the recruiting staff. It is their job to sell the program. I don't think we had a real shot with Warren based on his statements about lifelong dreams, etc.

Personally I'd be a little concerned about playing for JoePa or Bowden. Not to sound grim or morbid but the Grim Reaper is nearby and the last thing either program can handle is a legend to die on them. And that's what will happen since neither will retire. I know that sounds bad but that's something you have to consider as well.

(VolunteerHillbilly @ Jan 31 said:
I agree with you 100% Freak.

I'll go one further and say that if you want to be upset about us not getting some of these guys, you should direct your attention to the recruiting staff. It is their job to sell the program. I don't think we had a real shot with Warren based on his statements about lifelong dreams, etc.

I agree completely. But directing attention at the staff for some people is the equivalency of being a traitor. Some people don't realize that leadership has to be held accountable for something.

VN Store

Back