'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

OFFERS: Has accumulated eight offers to date.
STRENGTHS: Has excellent overall body structure and very soft hands for a big back. When Robinson gets going he looked to have very good speed and a dangerous one-cut move that left defenders whiffing.
WEAKNESSES: Would like to see him reach his top-end speed a tad faster, and improve his lateral quickness just a bit.
CONCLUSION: A big back that has good speed and soft hands should have three times as many offers. Definitely looked like one of the top three players in Tennessee and a top 250 player nationally.

-Per Rivals

Solid offer list, getting praise from the recruiting services...are we missing the boat here?

Will we take Cross, Kimbrow AND Robinson?

As somebody that's played him, I can tell y'all this guy is the real deal. I hope we get him
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I like Cross don't get me wrong, but a Memphis kid is worth taking especially right now! They say this kid being his size might be a really good DB as well as running back.Thats HOT!

Y'all late to the party on Robinson. I like him too. I think he's a guy you take even with Kimbrow and Cross. I'm not Justin Wilcox though and he may have something to say about that.

Its crazy how much some of these highlights of prospects are sped up.

That said... his highlights look very impressive!

Its crazy how much some of these highlights of prospects are sped up.

That said... his highlights look very impressive!

I can tell you from experience, his film is not sped up. I played him last year and the guy can run (especially for somebody his size)

I can tell you from experience, his film is not sped up. I played him last year and the guy can run (especially for somebody his size)
I dont doubt that he can run. It just looked sped up to me, but I guess it could have been the shaky camera throwing me off.

"We had Clemson and West Virginia come by the school today," said Jovon. "In all there have probably been about 20 schools come by so far."

"I might decide some time before signing day, but I am not sure when that will be," said Jovon. "I know I am looking for the right offense where I fit in.

"I want to have a good relationships with all of the coaches and I want to be real comfortable with the location of the school."
- Scout

Y'all late to the party on Robinson. I like him too. I think he's a guy you take even with Kimbrow and Cross. I'm not Justin Wilcox though and he may have something to say about that.

Im very Late, I didnt even Look atthis thread til Last night.

God I Like this Kid.

So far, as far as eye test, he's my favorite potential offensive Recruit

Just watched his film and he's good. I like Cross and all but he's a better runner than Cross. Don't know what the hell we are doing here. He also would be better in a pro style than the spread he wants to play in. He runs so aggressive he's my kind of big back. Maybe we can get rid of some guys not producing and get Cross, Robinson, and Kimbrow.

My guess would be he means we may not take 3 backs in this class. CJW may want to use the ship on the defensive side of the ball. JMO

I dont see how they would turn away Robinson. He's better than Cross, Mathers, pretty much any tailback I've seen.

If we could pull Robinson with Cross that would be crazy. I could see Kimbrow at CB too. He's good enough to play it and be a Cliff Harris style of CB/return guy(Not saying he's as good as Harris). A backfield of Lane, Neal, Tom Smith, Cross, and Robinson is championship type of talent. In that backfield either you will get your game up or hit the pine. That would be a very punishing ground game behind this young talented O-line. Robinson would be a much better fit in a pro style system IMO.

VN Store

Back