'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

Well, we need 2 backs in this class. I would be fine with the staff telling these kids we need 1 more....1st to commit gets the spot.

Cross is one

Robinson, Kimbrow, Mathers, Byers, Yeldon...one spot up for the taking.

Yes, I count Kimbrow as a back. While his speed would be nice to have...we have a class to fill. I am still of the opinion that while 4.3 is great at 160 pounds...4.4 is better at 200.

Dooley told Kimbrow he is the #1 overall on UT's board. I don't see that changing.

Coaches tell players a lot of things during the recruiting process. I'm not calling Dooley a liar or anything close, I just think of Kimbrow as more of a slot guy in college, than a RB in the SEC. They may be selling him a package like Devrin Young, playing multiple positions. His projection at those multiple positions bring his rank up considerably in the eyes of the coaches, thus being #1 on the board. I highly doubt that Kimbrow would be the #1 RB on the board, but I could be wrong.

Kimbrow is hands down the best football player in TN. His offer list reflects that. I highly doubt CDD just told him that to get his attention. Kimbrow has a much better shot at playing RB than playing in the slot, even in the SEC.

Kimbrow is hands down the best football player in TN. His offer list reflects that. I highly doubt CDD just told him that to get his attention. Kimbrow has a much better shot at playing RB than playing in the slot, even in the SEC.

The top rushers in the SEC are at or over 200lbs. Sorry, but Kimbrow is not being recruited to exclusively play RB. He may very well play some RB, but he's not just going to be a RB. I also don't see Kimbrow blowing up to 200lbs anytime soon.

You can bet no less than 5 guys have been told they were #1 on our recruiting board. Yes, I would like to have Kimbrow a Vol...but I would be happy to trade a commitment from a 6' 200pd back who runs 4.4-4.5 NOW as to hope and pray Kimbrow decides for UT 8-10 months from now. JMO

You can bet no less than 5 guys have been told they were #1 on our recruiting board. Yes, I would like to have Kimbrow a Vol...but I would be happy to trade a commitment from a 6' 200pd back who runs 4.4-4.5 NOW as to hope and pray Kimbrow decides for UT 8-10 months from now. JMO

Imani Cross wanted me to say Hi for him :)

Were taking Cross & Kimbrow.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, this shouldn't even be debated. Kimbrow is a take. He will most likely play RB for us.

I don't know why anyone would argue taking Kimbrow. If we don't, someone will and they will beat us with him. He's a scat back.

I don't know why anyone would argue taking Kimbrow. If we don't, someone will and they will beat us with him. He's a scat back.

I don't see Kimbrow getting more than 10 carries a game, no matter where he is. He's just not built for the rigors of being an SEC running back. If he's .1 slower on 40 time, you have an almost exact clone of Devrin Young, and no one is saying that Devrin's a true RB.

I don't see Kimbrow getting more than 10 carries a game, no matter where he is. He's just not built for the rigors of being an SEC running back. If he's .1 slower on 40 time, you have an almost exact clone of Devrin Young, and no one is saying that Devrin's a true RB.

You will not find many coaches who agree with you. Kimbrow will top out at about 185 in college IMO which is stout enough for his size.

Jeff Demps scoffs at your entire argument BTW.

Last edited:
You will not find many coaches who agree with you. Kimbrow will top out at about 185 in college IMO which is stout enough for his size.

Brandon James scoffs at your entire argument BTW.

You mean the Brandon James who is listed as a WR for the Colts, and the same Brandon James who barely rushed for over 300 yards in his 4 year Florida career??

I never said Kimbrow is not a take. What I said was I could see the staff taking another larger back to go along with Cross if Kimbrow wants to drag it out until NSD. I think to many folks take for granted that a spot will be held for all these kids when we have alot of other needs.

Demps has never averaged 10 carries a game during his career at Florida.

You're gonna lose any argument that starts off with the above statement considering the one you made earlier. It's not worth my time to point out to you all the facts. Especially the one about him carrying 26 times against us last year.

No one thinks this kid is going to be our primary back.

You're gonna lose any argument that starts off with the above statement considering the one you made earlier. It's not worth my time to point out to you all the facts. Especially the one about him carrying 26 times against us last year.

No one thinks this kid is going to be our primary back.

He averaged 2.8 yards against us, and no other game last season did he carry the ball over 11 times. So, before you go trying to argue facts, you might want to look over his entire profile of work, because Demps may have speed, but a good front 7 can neutralize that really quick in the SEC. Also, outside of Miami (OH) and South Florida, Demps didn't have a carry over 18 yards the rest of the season. Speed is a great thing, but it's not the only thing in regards to a great RB.

The top rushers in the SEC are at or over 200lbs. Sorry, but Kimbrow is not being recruited to exclusively play RB. He may very well play some RB, but he's not just going to be a RB. I also don't see Kimbrow blowing up to 200lbs anytime soon.

Dexter McCluster and Derrick Locke disagree.

I don't really care how many carries Demps averaged in college. To say he wasn't extremely effective is crazy. The same goes for Kimbrow. I think he'll have the ability to be extremely effective with his speed and elusiveness.

I don't think Kimbrow has the body to be a primary back right now. I don't think that is what UT staff is looking for. They are looking at a huge playmaker who will play RB at times.

Derrick Locke is close to 195lbs, Kimbrow is 165 soaking wet right now. I don't see him putting on 30lbs in college. That rarely happens with a RB.

Rivals has Derrick Locke listed at 175 coming out of high school.

A better comparison for what we'll probably use him as is Randall Cobb. Weighed about 175 coming out of high school, and now weighs about 190. Torched the entire SEC. Guess he weighed enough - even if Fulmer didn't think so.

VN Store

Back