'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

On another note- is there any more talk about him playing for Olive Branch? I'm still hearing some rumors but nothing substantial
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last I heard, OB was trying extremely hard to get him and the Melrose QB to come on down, but neither had made the switch. That has been a month or so and I have not heard anything substantial since.

OB does have quite a nice relocation package though.

Usually its nothing. When my team had physicals 2 years ago, about 20-25 guys (including me) out of 90 had "high blood pressure". We weren't allowed to practice til we got cleared by our personal doctors. By about 2 days later, only about 5 still weren't practicing. The rest of us may have had "high blood pressure", but it wasn't anything of concern to our doctors.

That being said, it CAN be a problem. But usually its just a precaution

I was told it's been a problem for the last 6 weeks. The person who told me acted like it was a major issue. If it's true , I hope he can get this under control.

If these kids keep drinking Mountain Dew and energy drinks and using smokeless tobacco they will not have to worry about Social Security or Medicare. Most of them will probably not last to 60.

If these kids keep drinking Mountain Dew and energy drinks and using smokeless tobacco they will not have to worry about Social Security or Medicare. Most of them will probably not last to 60.

*hangs head* Guilty on both counts your honor...

As an Auburn fan I couldn't be happier with the way recruiting has gone. If you had to guess, who do you think might be the Tigers' next commit?

-John from Montgomery, Ala.

I won't make a prediction, but I'd say Memphis (Tenn.) Wooddale Rivals250 running back Jovon Robinson might be someone to track. In a recent interview with AuburnSports.com, Robinson listed a top six of Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Memphis, Miami and Mississippi State, but went on to say the Tigers stood out. The 6-foot-1, 218-pounder is the type of back who can be a workhorse and carry the ball 15-20 times a game. And he's also excellent out of the backfield.

The feeling among some is that Auburn has been the team to beat since he attended the school's Big Cat weekend earlier this year.

- Keith Niebuhr from Rivals chat.

Hearing that the SEC schools are backing off due to grades. Bama and Arky were two favorites, but I heard they have slowed the recruitment of Robinson. Rumors that he may end up committing to Memphis before the end of the summer along with two other kids from his HS.

If grades are an issue, it seems plausible bc the SEC schools will not take the chance with the new 25 signees limits. Memphis can afford to gamble. Win, win for Memphis, IMO, as to the avg Joe Fan it will look like they won a recruiting battle against the big boys.

I do think that Auburn is trying to keep him a little closer though in case it appears he can qualify.

Word is that things will become more clear when he takes the ACT.

He may be an academic risk and the word is there may be some health issues with high blood pressure as well.

I've had people look into the blood pressure thing and haven't found anything. I think it's a non-issue

Here comes the crew now...I'd rather have a 6' 220lbs guy who runs a straight line and a 4.5-4.6 than a 5'9" 180lbs. 4.3 guy.

We need some diversity in the backfield, JMO.

I think its safe 2 say we like Norfleet....we suppose 2 take 4 backs so with Cross on board....Norfleet isnt far behind.Not sure who the other 2 r. Jamie Gilmore is camping here on the 18th.

Vanderbilt commitment Brian Kimbrow is a recruiting machine. He has been in touch with many Commodore targets since he committed.

- Chad Simmons from Scout. Based on what I've read, I'm not sure that Kimbrow is looking to swap....

we liked Kimbrow alot. whoever says we didn't is wrong. period.

we LOVE Cross. we like Beniquez Brown. we like Mathers. i think we like Norfleet pretty good.

Are we going to keep recruiting Kimbrow despite him being pretty solid to Vanderbilt? If we liked him that much it doesn't make sense that we would stop (after a period of separation for a while to cool things down).

I've heard so much praise over Robinson I'm surprised we're not recruiting him harder.

VN Store

Back