'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

- Chad Simmons from Scout. Based on what I've read, I'm not sure that Kimbrow is looking to swap....

When his efforts come up empty-handed, I think he's going to have a reality check. Hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong with his recruitment. He despises UT fans right now, thus, doesn't care for the program. However, he was in love with us just over a month ago. I could list a ton of theories, but it's just not worth it. Long story short, I think he sways from Vandy after the season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When his efforts come up empty-handed, I think he's going to have a reality check. Hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong with his recruitment. He despises UT fans right now, thus, doesn't care for the program. However, he was in love with us just over a month ago. I could list a ton of theories, but it's just not worth it. Long story short, I think he sways from Vandy after the season.

This is exactly what I think. Good post.

I talked to someone very close to the situation too. Didn't do anything but provide Chavis with a new avatar.

we liked Kimbrow alot. whoever says we didn't is wrong. period.

we LOVE Cross. we like Beniquez Brown. we like Mathers. i think we like Norfleet pretty good.

Cool, thanks for the info. Makes sense considering the backs we have now.

Are we going to keep recruiting Kimbrow despite him being pretty solid to Vanderbilt? If we liked him that much it doesn't make sense that we would stop (after a period of separation for a while to cool things down).

i think we have cut ties there.

Auburn is the only SEC school really recruiting him hard now. Arkansas was the clear favorite a while back, but we've cooled on him, as has Bama, like the poster on the last page said. Not to mention Florida St cut all ties with him, and pulled his offer.

Chizik likes to take academic risk's. He took 3 last year, and somehow got them all qualified. Looks as if he's trying to do the same thing here.

Auburn is the only SEC school really recruiting him hard now. Arkansas was the clear favorite a while back, but we've cooled on him, as has Bama, like the poster on the last page said. Not to mention Florida St cut all ties with him, and pulled his offer.

Chizik likes to take academic risk's. He took 3 last year, and somehow got them all qualified. Looks as if he's trying to do the same thing here.

Some Memphis fans seem to think that he may be headed to Memphis, as even Auburn may be cutting ties. They can probably get an equivalent or near equivalent without the risk I would assume. Chiz will probably have to be a little mre careful with the new 25 cap I would assume.

we liked Kimbrow alot. whoever says we didn't is wrong. period.

we LOVE Cross. we like Beniquez Brown. we like Mathers. i think we like Norfleet pretty good.

If "we" = Tennessee's coaching staff then add Shell, Brown, & Mahone to that (RB) list...

I didn't realize we were recruiting Brown as an rb, thought he would be an lb?

Beniquez Brown = LB (Top 2 = Alabama and Tennessee)

Wes Brown = RB (Miami leads but Tennessee is in his Top 5)

LV likes him for RB.

ESPN lists him as an Ath
4*
80 Scout Grade
#11 Position Rank
"...his future is definitely on defense in our opinion." -ESPN Insider

Rivals lists him as an Ath
3*
5.7 Rating
#35 Position Rank

Scout lists him as an OLB
4*
#11 Position Rank

Alabama offered...odds are he'll Tuscaloosa bound.

The coaches are recruiting Brown at RB. Period. If he moves to linebacker later, that's a completely different story, but both Brown and UT are completely in agreement that he's a RB and they really like him at RB.

If "we" = Tennessee's coaching staff then add Shell, Brown, & Mahone to that (RB) list...

And a JUCO back, especially R J Robinson if he can get in -- some work to do on academics.

I expect to add one more HS back and a JUCO, if we can get a good one. Despite a lot of criticism on the boards, Cross is a keeper -- if we can hold him.

mlsoft

Have no idea why he would gom to AU, they are absolutely loaded at RB. But if/when this yahoo story breaks and its said to make the SMU stuff look minor, then most of those recruits will be running. I dont want these guys if they dont want to be here, but I would love for the Barns to get nailed.

I thought Memphis was his leader......

Lot of Memphis calling him to Memphis. Lot of Barners calling him to the Barn. There is no way he commits to a JUCO at this point.

My opinion is that he will either be at Memphis or a JUCO next year. He may commit to Auburn in the next week, but eventually, I think he ends up elsewhere.

VN Store

Back