'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

I don't understand the question.

Edit: I have no idea how you are drawing parallels between those two players, but Robinson knows Porter. He recruited him for Memphis. Also, he is committed to Auburn, who will have RB's Michael Dyer, Onterrio McCalleb, Tre Mason, Mike Blakely, Corey Grant, and TJ Yeldon fighting for touches.

Things have changed somewhat at Auburn since I posted this. With Yeldon flipping and Dyer being dismissed, the backfield has become signigicantly less crowded. Not saying Robinson won't still flip, but I thought that was UT's biggest selling point.

It definitely helps that Auburn is not making a lot of progress on finding a new OC after their lead candidate (Blake Anderson, Southern Miss) followed Fedora to UNC.

"really nice run with a good cut to the outside and Robinson outruns everyone about 21 yards to paydirt. 21-14 West, 8:35 to play." - John Brice

If we can get him in I like Robinson as much as any of the backs we are after. Robinson and Bourque would be a crazy haul at RB.

Is there anything new on Robinson's academic shortcomings?? With our President more concerned with making the football team an academic success than a winner on the field, getting Robinson into school seems to be a pretty remote chance so I was just wondering if I had missed something on his core subject grades or his test scores.

mlsoft

Things have changed somewhat at Auburn since I posted this. With Yeldon flipping and Dyer being dismissed, the backfield has become signigicantly less crowded. Not saying Robinson won't still flip, but I thought that was UT's biggest selling point.

It definitely helps that Auburn is not making a lot of progress on finding a new OC after their lead candidate (Blake Anderson, Southern Miss) followed Fedora to UNC.

I've been really busy and out of the loop lately, so why was Dyer dismissed?

I've been really busy and out of the loop lately, so why was Dyer dismissed?

A lot of things. He was more involved in the robbery that led to three other guys getting the boot over the summer than most people know and he has a general attitude problem. Malzahn always protected him but his second chances have run out. It's a shame.

I dont believe he has been dismissed...

It hasn't been made official but if I know, I'm sure Robinson does.

Two ark st players tweeted/facebooked something along the lines of welcoming Dyer.. Chizik denies he's leaving.. He has to apply for a hardship to play at ark st next year

A lot of things. He was more involved in the robbery that led to three other guys getting the boot over the summer than most people know and he has a general attitude problem. Malzahn always protected him but his second chances have run out. It's a shame.

Dyer is going to Ark. St., correct?

Hey, look at that.

Has something changed with his grade issues?

Do not know for sure, but considering we have already let some committments go because of grade issues I would think his grades are fine since we are still pursuing him. Plus looking back through this thread VOTP (who is usually right when it comes to auburn recruiting) never made as big of a deal out of his grades as Jmoore did.

Reactions: 1 person
Do not know for sure, but considering we have already let some committments go because of grade issues I would think his grades are fine since we are still pursuing him. Plus looking back through this thread VOTP (who is usually right when it comes to auburn recruiting) never made as big of a deal out of his grades as Jmoore did.

Makes sense. :hi:

Not sure we can get him to change his mind , but anything can happen if they can get him to visit.

Hey, look at that.

I heard the same and never could figure out exactly what happend. The day it happend that was the rumor. They did a damn good job of keeping it quiet because for the most part , nobody thought he was involved. Not even the Alabama fans I work with here. People just thought he might be because Mosley was involved. Most just thought there was no way they could keep this hidden. They are doing a great job down there , but it goes to show it doesn't always work in their favor.

And what ever happend with McCalebb? Arrested for driving an unregistered vehicle , no license , no proof of ownership and not to mention , no license plate? I don't even think this made the local news here in Birmingham.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back