'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

Has any of this been independently verified. I find it hard to believe that there isnt atleast one Alabama fan chiming in with what they were hearing.

Shocked that Dooley didn't pursue Jovon.

Personally, I'm glad that he didn't pursue him. This kind of thing is the last thing we needed. Maybe CDD knew a little something about his transcript and steered clear of him. Who knows. All I am saying is that I'm glad that we're not involved in this scandal.

Wow auburn has gotten absolutely ridiculous. Everyone and I mean everyone knows they payed for scam newton and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I hope they get caught soon..and everyone wonders how they get such sick recruiting classes, well not anymore, it's not to tough when you are paying every 4* 100 Gs.

Personally, I'm glad that he didn't pursue him. This kind of thing is the last thing we needed. Maybe CDD knew a little something about his transcript and steered clear of him. Who knows. All I am saying is that I'm glad that we're not involved in this scandal.

Maybe this is the reason we don't go after so many of the Memphis kids....just sayin.

Has any of this been independently verified. I find it hard to believe that there isnt atleast one Alabama fan chiming in with what they were hearing.

It is making the rounds on the boards but not as much as the NCAA looking into AU for some stuff dealing with players from South Florida. That news came out the early part of the week that supposedly during the Miami investigation the NCAA stumbled onto some stuff involving AU regarding academic issues with certian recruits among a few other things. Both could be right who knows, but with how the Cam thing worked out I doubt the NCAA would press it.

It is making the rounds on the boards but not as much as the NCAA looking into AU for some stuff dealing with players from South Florida. That news came out the early part of the week that supposedly during the Miami investigation the NCAA stumbled onto some stuff involving AU regarding academic issues with certian recruits among a few other things. Both could be right who knows, but with how the Cam thing worked out I doubt the NCAA would press it.

They totally dropped the ball on that everyone knows it.

One of the UA sites have confirmed the NCAA is asking questions regrading Robinson. To what extent not sure.

In regards to Tennstud UA fans believe him and also have a huge distaste for him. Especially after the A Means debacle in Memphis. Everything he knew was true and apparantly did not help UA one bit.

Last edited:
This maybe why Malzhan and Roof decided to get out of dodge. Maybe Troop can chestbump an NCAA board member and makes this all go away.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll be the first to ask it. Will this help with Lawson, the Berry twins, and any other recruits that are AU commits/leans.

Didn't want him anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll be the first to ask it. Will this help with Lawson, the Berry twins, and any other recruits that are AU commits/leans.

If this stuff comes to light, and the investigation is real, then it will definitely hurt the Auburn program. No doubt about that. At this point in time, all we have is message board information. Proving that money was inappropriately allocated to someone in relation to Robinson is a different story.

If this stuff comes to light, and the investigation is real, then it will definitely hurt the Auburn program. No doubt about that. At this point in time, all we have is message board information. Proving that money was inappropriately allocated to someone in relation to Robinson is a different story.

If they are getting an unfair advantage by paying off recruits then they need to be exposed sooner rather than later. This is where the NCAA needs to not drag their feet and earn their money by vigorously researching this matter immediately.

Reactions: 1 person
Auburn will probably just slip the investigators some money. I have no idea how they got away with Cam Newton.

Reactions: 2 people
If they are getting an unfair advantage by paying off recruits then they need to be exposed sooner rather than later. This is where the NCAA needs to not drag their feet and earn their money by vigorously researching this matter immediately.

Well sanddune, do you know of any accountant who would be willing to work with the NCAA in the hopes of tracking down suspicious payments and getting AU busted?

Yeah I dont know how on earth the NCAA gave Auburn a pass on the Cam Newton crap. They should have been drilled and he should have been ruled ineligible immediately. That right there makes one wonder about who at the NCAA Auburn has in their back pockets.

Yeah I dont know how on earth the NCAA gave Auburn a pass on the Cam Newton crap. They should have been drilled and he should have been ruled ineligible immediately. That right there makes one wonder about who at the NCAA Auburn has in their back pockets.

I don't know if that was the case. I think the NCAA knew. It's proving it happened with the proper documentation as evidence that is difficult. Something else that made the whole thing more convincing was when Chizik kept getting upset about the investigation in front of the media. He looked discomforted and frazzled. Tell-tale sign, IMO.

He works in the Auburn athletic department

Yeah that's not true. I work for a company that has a lot of contracts with Auburn so I know several of the coaches, players, etc.

I hang around the athletic department a lot. I'm also out of town so I don't know anything about this.

Yeah that's not true. I work for a company that has a lot of contracts with Auburn so I know several of the coaches, players, etc.

I hang around the athletic department a lot. I'm also out of town so I don't know anything about this.

Oh, my bad. For some reason I was always under the impression that you did.

VN Store

Back