'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

I wouldn't go that far. However, if we miss on Kimbrow, but land Robinson, then that would be a terrible thing

I may be alone in this but i would rather have this guy at running back than kimbrow or any other instate guys. Everyone in the highlight video is triping all over themselves just to try and get there hands on him, and when they actually do, he powers right through it. He seems to have a rare combination.

I hate to do it, but Kimbrow's offer list suggests that many others think otherwise.

I hate to do it, but Kimbrow's offer list suggests that many others think otherwise.

That is true. Everyone wants that speed. There are only a handful of guys that have that kind of speed, but there are also only a handful of guys that are succesfull as pure running backs at his size. I would love to have both, but Robinson just looks like a better pure back
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If we land all three I would be great

With Cross already committed I don't think they would take all 3.

I can definitely see them taking 2 of those 3 though. I'm really starting to believe the staff will do the same thing they did in the '11 class. 2 RB's and an ATH. (Smith, Lane, and Young)

With Cross already committed I don't think they would take all 3.

I can definitely see them taking 2 of those 3 though. I'm really starting to believe the staff will do the same thing they did in the '11 class. 2 RB's and an ATH. (Smith, Lane, and Young)

I'm not so certain, we don't have as much room with this class so I can see us taking 2 RB's then only taking one more if Kimbrow wanted to come

w/ IC committed, still lots of RB's in play...

W Brown
K Byars Jr.
D Harris
B Kimbrow
K Marshall
I Mathers
J Robinson
R Shell
T.J. Yeldon

My 2 RB's: Cross & Marshall. *Kimbrow = Ath.

*Gray (always a long shot) looks to be out of it, he is dn to his top 3...Tennessee not among them.
*B Sanders - Alabama & OSU leaders

Tennessee will take two RB's and designate Kimbrow as an Ath. IMO.

W/ IC committed & IF Kimbrow commits as well, any one (all have good size, power, & speed) of the following would be a solid choice;
1. R Shell
2. K Marshall
3. D Harris
4. T. Yeldon
5. I Mathers
6. J Robinson

Last edited:
Tennessee will take two RB's and designate Kimbrow as an Ath. IMO.

W/ IC committed & IF Kimbrow commits as well, any one (all have good size, power, & speed) of the following would be a solid choice;
1. R Shell
2. K Marshall
3. D Harris
4. T. Yeldon
5. I Mathers

you are silly not to put robinson on that list. especially in the robinson thread.

If we land one of Kimbrow, Robinson, or Mathers I'd be fine.

If we don't get Kimbrow, i see it as a big failure. His potential is sky high. And, you can't teach speed. I know CDD made a point to get some speed guys last recruiting season, but I have yet to see who that is. It's could be DY, but no one else.

If we don't get Kimbrow, i see it as a big failure. His potential is sky high. And, you can't teach speed. I know CDD made a point to get some speed guys last recruiting season, but I have yet to see who that is. It's could be DY, but no one else.

Tino Thomas was pretty fast too iirc.

Why can we not take 25? We are still not at the 85 limit.

No, we're not at 85 but we're getting close.

If I remember correctly, I believe Hubbs said right now we have around 82 scholly players, 83 including Janzen. We don't have a lot of seniors next season so that's what is hurting us with the numbers.

But like I said, I believe it'll all work out to where we can take 20-22 because every program will experience a little attrition every year.

Why can we not take 25? We are still not at the 85 limit.

Won't have enough jrs leaving early for the NFL draft. Jackson probably won't be here after the 2011 season. This will be a smaller class unless there's more attrition than there has already been. Would have to have a fee non qualifiers too probably. I would actually prefer a small class to get some stability, and not another year of dismissals and problems.

VN Store

Back