'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

The weird thing is that AU apparently pulled him off the practice field as soon as they heard the NCAA was at his HS. I'd suspect most programs would wait for some sort of official communication from the NCAA before doing this, unless they knew the grades were cooked.

The interesting thing is the AU sites seem to think the counselor did it out of kindness or that it may have been to over rule a teacher. Not sure where they get this stuff from and they actually believe it. But if the counselor was not in big trouble I doubt very seriously she would resign. I also doubt she will go down by herself.

Last edited:
Jarvis is Jovon's older brother and his mother is mentioned. her name is Tina Tarbor Wordlow. Tarbor is her maiden name and Wordlow is who she is married to now. Jovon's stepfather. Jeffery Robinson is his real father but his parents were never married.

No offense TW, but you need a hobby.

Reactions: 8 people
Just a terrible public school system.. They pass kids bc they have to.. If not, there would be pile ups..
Someone was telling me today that in MNPS (Nashville public schools) developmentally disabled persons can stay in public school until age 34. I was shocked. Now, this person was talking about a mentally retarded individual but if "developmentally disabled" includes everyone with a low IQ test score I can see how it could create some big problems in the larger cities if they did not practice social promotion.

Just a terrible public school system.. They pass kids bc they have to.. If not, there would be pile ups..

Memphis City Schools is so crappy that they knowingly gave up their charter so the Shelby County School system would take control and do a better job. The problem is that the MCS board guys want to keep their jobs on the SCS board. It's all REALLY effed up....All of the suburb cities like Germantown, Collierville, Arlington etc are just getting their own municipal school systems.

Memphis City Schools is so crappy that they knowingly gave up their charter so the Shelby County School system would take control and do a better job. The problem is that the MCS board guys want to keep their jobs on the SCS board. It's all REALLY effed up....All of the suburb cities like Germantown, Collierville, Arlington etc are just getting their own municipal school systems.

It was a very controversial time, that's for sure. Not a lot of happy folks, obviously the people in the burbs. A lot of it has to do with funding.

It was a very controversial time, that's for sure. Not a lot of happy folks, obviously the people in the burbs. A lot of it has to do with funding.

I think its less about funding and more about the way funding is being spent...a lot of corruption too. It's all jacked up

jaquay williams and darrion hutcherson will be ineligible too if they dont make it in soon

thats 3 big offensive recruits for auburn

so............
Is the menure going to hit the rotating oscillator today??

& we wonder why we can't (don't) recruit Memphis well.

It is becoming very CLEAR to me now.

Mansell: GMC Road Report (May not work for some people)
Jovon Robinson - Former Auburn signee just enrolled at GMC and so far is handling all the academics and military side of college. He is slowly working his way back on the football field and right now is on track to leave GMC in December. Recruiting should pick up for Robinson as the season goes on. He told 247 on Tuesday that Georgia recently contacted his position coach and expressed interest. He also said he wants to hear from Alabama.

BECAUSE GOD KNOWS ALABAMA NEEDS RUNNING BACKS!

Nice to know this kid’s back on the market. But Georgia and Bama are really the last places he should be looking, really.

Against 2nd-ranked Snow College yesterday, Robinson rushed for 313 yards and 2 TDs. I don't know what's become of Akeem Judd at GMC but Robinson appears to be their top RB right now.

Interesting piece on Robinson from a few months ago:

“The color on my car can represent GMC, but it’s actually more ‘Roll Tide,’” he said.

Robinson, who won’t be eligible to transfer to a Division I school until December 2014 at the earliest, knows that a lot can change between now and then, especially in the fickle world of recruiting.

“If does work out, it can (represent Alabama),” he said. “If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Robinson considered both Alabama and Auburn out of high school. The first — and only — college game he’s ever attended was the 2010 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa.

“It’s crazy how things work out. Alabama was my first offer, and I wasn’t even thinking about Auburn at that time,” he said. “Auburn was my last offer. Then I went to Auburn, and now, I guess, I’m hoping to go to Alabama.”

Jovon Robinson gets second chance to chase his dream - College Football Scoop

Last edited:

VN Store

Back