'12 TN RB Jovon Robinson

We haven't showed much interest and we are in his top 5. Somewhat promising but it also seems like it might be a waste of time...

Reactions: 1 person
A combo of him and Henry would almost be unfair. I think he's one of the best backs in the country regardless of HS/Juco/D1

I don't think this board recognizes how good this kid is. He's a dominator at RB. I'd take him and Kamara in this class if I could get them both. Robinson is the bell cow though. He and Hurd would be downright nasty. :)

I don't think this board recognizes how good this kid is. He's a dominator at RB. I'd take him and Kamara in this class if I could get them both. Robinson is the bell cow though. He and Hurd would be downright nasty. :)

This...Robinson and Hurd? Pssshhhh...ain't even fair

People probably recognize how good he is but what is the level of his interest in our program? If he is not serious about UT then it probably makes little difference how talented he is.

A combo of him and Henry would almost be unfair. I think he's one of the best backs in the country regardless of HS/Juco/D1

He is not better than Kenyon Drake. If he goes to Bama almost all of their RB's are at least as good or better than him. If playing time is important Bama is the wrong place.

Yes he is, when does Bama offer Juco RBs? Ask yourself that...... This kid is an animal with the ball.

This was what I was thinking, too. Bama is loaded with RBs...why would they need a JUCO RB, who you usually need because of the need for immediate help? I hate them, but if Bama is offering a JUCO RB, then pay close attention.

If we aren't after him very hard then we must feel his is locked in at bama and we are saving our effort elsewhere. This staff doesn't slack on recruiting

He may be better than Drake but ill wait Til I see him play SEC Ball. They still have Henry, tenpenny, jones, Yeldon, and a couple more. He's sharing hella carries with several top notch backs at Bama. I don't fault him for it. Just pointing it out.

JR is solid and would be splitting carries next year at UA with Henry. Yeldon will declare and if Drake has a good season so will he. If Drake does not Henry will pass him and Drake will probably go anyway. So most UA fans think Yeldon and Drake will play their last season in the fall. The concern will be if JR comes in and AT or TJ leave.

Yes he is, when does Bama offer Juco RBs? Ask yourself that...... This kid is an animal with the ball.

yeah, there is no way they offer a juco RB without pretty knowing he will be a co-starter

Drake is quicker than any of them hitting the hole but Robinson is a combination of elite power and very good speed that none of them have except Henry. But like TW was saying it probably wouldn't matter because Drake will probably be gone as well.

247 has a headline that says "Jovon Robinson commits to Auburn". However, if you click the link, the headline says "Jovon Robinson visits Auburn." Can anyone clear this up?

JR is solid and would be splitting carries next year at UA with Henry. Yeldon will declare and if Drake has a good season so will he. If Drake does not Henry will pass him and Drake will probably go anyway. So most UA fans think Yeldon and Drake will play their last season in the fall. The concern will be if JR comes in and AT or TJ leave.

And Tenpenny bailed them out...if Scarborough doesn't ball out next season,frame him for meth. :)

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think talent is the question here. This is a prospect that you have to have some serious concerns about as far as character goes after the situations that occurred regarding his high school recruitment. He may be a future investigation and probation waiting to happen. I don't know this for sure, just speculation as to why our staff is not pursuing him heavily. TIFWIW

VN Store

Back