'13 GA OLB Reuben Foster

It's more of a question of whether I believe in the 18 year old or the 18 year old's biased friends.

You mean the same 18yo who told anyone that would listen, including friends, coaches, and media that he was 100% committed all the way up to the point when he decommitted. You know the same positive stuff he is feeding the AU fanbase.:lol:

Over signing is an art form created by Rommel/Saban that needs to be addressed by Slive before the NCAA puts a boot in some coaches asses!

Over signing is an art form created by Rommel/Saban that needs to be addressed by Slive before the NCAA puts a boot in some coaches asses!

He has already been addressed thats why a new rule is in place. Only way you can take more than 25 is if you are able to backcount. UGA has plenty of kids they can backcount because they didnt take a full class last year.

Btw, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Auburn are the national leaders in oversigning since '08. People want to just put the blame on Saban who definitely played a part but there is 3 teams in Bama's division that did it more than they did.

Last edited:
scout
Scarbrough also told me that he speaks with Reuben Foster almost every day. He said Reuben is "definitely not signing with Auburn." I asked him if he thought Reuben may end up back at Alabama. His response was, "I don't think they will let him back. I wish he would, but I don't think they will let him."

I thought that was very interesting. Most think it's Georgia. LSU is a contender. Bo also said Reuben for some reason really likes Washington. He said he knows where Reuben plans on signing, but can't say anything right now. Of course anything can happen between now and signing day.

He has already been addressed thats why a new rule is in place. Only way you can take more than 25 is if you are able to backcount. UGA has plenty of kids they can backcount because they didnt take a full class last year.

Btw, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Auburn are the national leaders in oversigning since '08. People want to just put the blame on Saban who definitely played a part but there is 3 teams in Bama's division that did it more than they did.
Thank you for not blindly labeling signing a lot of kids as oversigning. Oversigning is signing more than you have room for. We have extra room this year for the reason you already explained.

By what measure? Below is 2011 list from oversigning.com

The Oversigning Cup « Oversigning.com

By what measure? Below is 2011 list from oversigning.com

The Oversigning Cup « Oversigning.com

He was actually talking about over 5 years not the one year you linked to. Also the oversigning website is a joke created by an OSU fan that hates everything about the SEC. He is now on twitter and was run off most OSU boards. I put little faith in his numbers. He counts players multiple times if they sign and place, where before if they were a sign and place they were not counted against the class. So lets say a player signs in 2007 but does not qualify and returns in 2009 he would count them twice in his numbers. K Murphey was counted 3 times because of prep school and JUCO. Also if a player grayshirted he would count them in both classes to inflate #s but the NCAA only counts them for the class they come in just like with JUCOs in the past.

Ark and Ole Miss have signed more than UA over the 5 yr period. UA has signed 2 more players than AU. But AU and USC lead the way for the last 11 years at over 27 players per year for a total of 298 and 299.

Recruiting Numbers « Oversigning.com

Foster just left AU after unofficial visit. Said he really likes Ellis Johnson. "I think a whole lot of him, really highly of him," Foster said laughing on Sunday evening. "He's funny and sweet. He's very cool -- that's my guy, I love him. Out of the whole staff, no offense, but that's my guy. The way he talks, he plays with his phone, he can't see -- I like that type of stuff. It reminds me of my granddaddy. He's my favorite person on the whole staff."

Foster plans on taking official visits in January. Foster said on Sunday that he may focus more on academics.
"I'm not taking all five visits, I have to call coaches and tell them the news," Foster said. "There will be some upset coaches -- I'll take probably three visits."

Foster plans to wait until signing day to make his final decision.

Foster just left AU after unofficial visit. Said he really likes Ellis Johnson. "I think a whole lot of him, really highly of him," Foster said laughing on Sunday evening. "He's funny and sweet. He's very cool -- that's my guy, I love him. Out of the whole staff, no offense, but that's my guy. The way he talks, he plays with his phone, he can't see -- I like that type of stuff. It reminds me of my granddaddy. He's my favorite person on the whole staff."

Foster plans on taking official visits in January. Foster said on Sunday that he may focus more on academics.
"I'm not taking all five visits, I have to call coaches and tell them the news," Foster said. "There will be some upset coaches -- I'll take probably three visits."

Sounds like he's staying with Auburn. I honestly think he and Lawson will both stay with Auburn. You guys hired a great staff and once it builds those relationships they will stick with their commitment bc both of those guys seemed to of commit to Auburn more for Auburn itself than the previous staff.

Sounds like he's staying with Auburn. I honestly think he and Lawson will both stay with Auburn. You guys hired a great staff and once it builds those relationships they will stick with their commitment bc both of those guys seemed to of commit to Auburn more for Auburn itself than the previous staff.

Foster looking better for AU. He and Lawson are good friends, but I doubt that will affect Lawson's decision. The Lawsons are making very sound decisions and what they think is best for Carl.

Thanks to HG in another thread for the link.

During a quiet period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools.

Becoming Eligible - NCAA.org

NCAA

So they are reporting he met with E Johnson today. Or was he there yesterday meeting the staff which was contact and was just hanging out today ans returning from the trip today.

During a quiet period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools.

NCAA

So they are reporting he met with E Johnson today. Or was he there yesterday meeting the staff which was contact and was just hanging out today ans returning from the trip today.

TW you know that the NCAA rules don't apply to the Al schools. :)

NCAA

Today.

UA has no dog in this fight because Foster will not end up at UA, but I am surprised the AU staff would make it public when today is designated as quiet period and tom starts another dead period. That is why I was asking. And not even sure it would be anything more than a secondary violation if one.

VN Store

Back