13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article on 247 said that we are in his top two with Georgia on top, but look for Alabama to make a late push next week during their in home.

I'm on record in this thread for strongly wanting Bell to be a Vol. My point is the young man should not be trashed if it breaks against us. There are good reasons to his benefit to choose Bama over us. If Jones can overcome that he will take a big step in restoring confidence and toward building a winner with Bell on the roster.

Well if anything it should help that Dooley is gone due to the fact that a new staff is here and they don't have to work against the negative recruiting as much. And that should also answer the question for recruits about his longevity of being here. He seems to be putting in the work, so in my opinion if we land one of these bigger recruits its a plus and a step in the right direction. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Vonn`s brother Volonte on twitter said they had a great time in K-Town over the weekend, but its very quiet in the Bell household tonight. Maybe tom can get some info.

My source is saying we might not get Bell but will be VERY happy on NSD.

My source has been saying the same dadburn thing since i first started following recruiting in the 90s. then i hust started drinking.

Tennessee has done a very good job getting in with these recruits. but in tellin you, watch....2014 will be our year.

We get a nc WR, gaffney DL, and thats it.

“It was a real good visit,” Bell said. “Coach Jones and everyone up here were great. Going to the basketball game and seeing all that was a great experience.
“Tennessee helped themselves with this visit. They really showed a lot to me and my family. This staff showed me a lot and I am going to talk to my coach about that when I get home and see how things go.”
And not only is Bell atop the coaches’ wish list at Tennessee, he also has Orange & White diehards salivating on what could be, which was evident as fans chanted his name inside of Thompson-Boling Arena Saturday night when the Ridgeland (Ga.) High School prospect was in attendance for the Vols 54-53 win over Alabama.
“It was a really good experience at the basketball game,” he said. “I really didn’t expect anything like that, but the fans here are excited about this Tennessee program because it is coming back.”
“It was really good to meet all these guys,” said Bell. “It was my first time really meeting coach Jones. He came down to my house this past week and we met, but it was good to get up here and start to build a relationship.”
Not only was Bell impressed with Jones’ supporting staff, but Bell’s parents, who accompanied him on the visit, enjoyed the new atmosphere on Rocky Top as well.
“They are really excited and they were really impressed by coach Jones and everything they are doing here,” Bell said. “They really liked the family atmosphere. They were really excited.”

Reactions: 40 people
“It means a lot to me and my family to bring all those guys to see me,” he said. “It means a lot to my coaches at Ridgeland High School too. Coach Jones definitely has a plan to build Tennessee and get it back to where it was.”
Bell has narrowed his choices to Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee and says he and his family will now use this time to evaluate his future.
“WE are going to take this time between now and signing day to sit down and evaluate everything,” he said. “I need to look at the pros and cons of each school and do what I have to do.”

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back