13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok officially they said in the post they are "still trying to confirm this" after they mentioned they heard Chongo and Vonn committed. So nothing groundbreaking.

Lol

In their description: "we will bring you the best and most accurate news and formation"

Then they go onto say in their post "trying to confirm".

Obviously riding the coat tails of volnation.

Has Alexander even visited?

Bell reminds me so much of Berry his senior year in high school. He has one step explosiveness and looks like he's at top speed in just 2-3 steps. Hit's like a freight train. Even at a high school level, most safeties don't stop running backs cold and lay them on their backs. He's a ball hawk, too. Just go look at an Eric Berry highlight video at TN, and watch how he runs. Then watch Bell. See the resemblance?

This guy will start with McNeil by mid-season. Too much experience in Randolph and Moore, but unless Randolph picks up a step or two and Moore learns his assignments properly, Bell and McNeil will overtake them quickly. Faster, stronger, more instinctual players. Immediate upgrade.

Then there's Lawson, and if we can get both, I think Ford and North will follow suit. Lawson has an explosiveness and already has such skill with his angles and hands, he would start in a week of practice.

North, provided he has the work ethic, has all the physical tools to be a great WR. I think he makes an impact in two years.

Ford is a giant question mark. He has obvious flaws in his style, but I like his vision and cutting ability. A year learning to run lower and better use that vision will do him good.

Levenberry is begging to commit. One big commit and a good visit and I think we wrap him up. Looks like he'll need another year as well to be game ready. Not worried with Maggit and Johnson, but if either go down, he'll be a good fit in year one, sort of like McNeil this past year. He just need refinement. Set his feet more when he shoots, hip switching, etc.

Really need to get Alexander. Cornerback is a HUGE question mark, with our corners having terrible habits with their angles, hips, etc. We are also 2 steps slow on the corners.

Defense would look sick if we get these commits.

Line: Lawson DE, McCullers DT, O'brien DT, Couch DE
Linebacker: Maggit OLB, Johnson MLB, Williams OLB
Safety: Bell FS, McNeil SS
Cornerback: Justin Coleman, ??? (other spot wide open)
Star: JRM, Eric Gordon

That is a STOUT defense.

Just heard the Vandy Rivals guy comment on 104.5 the Zone in Nashville, When asked if he thought Vandy could close with a Top 20 class, his response was, "Yes it is possible, especially if Vonn Bell is part of it, I will admitt he is a Tennessee Lean but if there is anyone in America the can close him, it is James Franklin"

Found it funny.

I think he was from Bleacher Report.

Reactions: 1 person
Nah. Only 2 years. Cooper will be a Top 10 pick in all likelihood.

The best part about that is Black had already beaten out Cooper last spring before the injury and Foster in this class is rated above both of those coming out of HS. As long as UT does not add anything other than Bell I will be alright. You add someone like Alexander no we are in trouble.

The best part about that is Black had already beaten out Cooper last spring before the injury and Foster in this class is rated above both of those coming out of HS. As long as UT does not add anything other than Bell I will be alright. You add someone like Alexander no we are in trouble.

TBH, y'all could probably beat us this year without even throwing a pass.

(it pains me to say that, but it's the truth)

Until I hear it from Von Bell, I'm not trusting any "source" on VolNation....no offense to Skeeter, I trust that his info is true, but as long as Bell hasn't signed an LOI, I remain skeptical.

i guess we should here some type of announcement, tweet, FB update this morning. sure would help sway some other players...

If Jones can implement what he hopes to and stay hot on the recruiting trail the 3rd Saturday in October will once again be the top game in the fall.:hi:

TW when I say this Iam not trying to be a vol homer or wear the orange tinted shades believe me I know we are irrelevant and have been in the SEC for the last 3-4 years. That being said, while Alabama has had this tremendous run the last 4 years Tennessee has been down. I say tht to ask you the question, if we do come back do you believe we will be able to be on the teams along with LSU that play y'all the toughest every year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back