'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Because the visits are about the three f's(free, fun, and females). Going on visits doesn't mean he will change his commitment.

I don't have any issue with kids taking their trips/visits. IMO, this is a clear situation where the kid should just wait to announce a commitment until after these trips. It will be only 2-3 weeks till NSD. Just wait and announce after the visits IMO.

I don't have any issue with kids taking their trips/visits. IMO, this is a clear situation where the kid should just wait to announce a commitment until after these trips. It will be only 2-3 weeks till NSD. Just wait and announce after the visits IMO.

I couldn't agree more.

Comment From Matt Matt : ]
Do you look at incoming OL classes when determining which schools you're considering? If so, which OL class sticks out to you?

Wednesday January 2, 2013 5:28 Matt
5:29 Derrick Green: Matt, I would say yes. I definitely want to go somewhere they have a young, but experienced offensive line that is going to be there for awhile. I would say all the schools that are still in it have good incoming OL classes

UM is leader by small margin
his best relationship with a coach is Brady Hoke
possibly gonna commit to school & still take visits
Likes coach Jones offense, inside run plays
likes Jay Graham
looks at in comming OL recruits
all schools have good academic programs

Said that he would commit and still take visits. However, he said he's a man of his word and that he wouldn't flip. Just wanting to see what else is out there......

Just don't understand this sort of thinking. "I am going to commit, then look around a little". Why not just wait the 2-3 weeks then announce on NSD? I so wish kids would understand what the word commit means, or should mean.

Said he was gonna commit and then take his last two OV. Somebody asked him why and he said that he wanted to travel and see what other schools had to offer and once he gives his word on his school he would not change his mind.Then in my mind after reading this comment,why would schools let him visit knowing he didnt choose them and he is there for the free lodging and food and travel. He did say Michigan was in the lead for him by a small margin.And he also said he had a better relationshiop with Coach Hoke.

Said that he would commit and still take visits. However, he said he's a man of his word and that he wouldn't flip. Just wanting to see what else is out there......

As a coach, I would take note of this and cancel his visit then if he committed elsewhere. It would be bad for business to be trying to recruit a kid you have no chance of landing. What if there were another RB visiting at the same time still considering coming but noticed your focus on the "big fish"? Not worth the drama as far as I am concerned. Take the visits, THEN announce where you want to go.

Reactions: 3 people
"I haven't really met anybody but Coach Jones and Coach Graham. "

I say the whole coaching staff needs to show up and show some love..... maybe bring Vol BB Coach Martin and run the full court press on this guy....:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Promises are made to be broken especially in the football recruiting world. No coach is going to cancel his visit because of what he has said here.

One thing worth noting here I think. Iirc michigan doesn't allow visits to continue after commitments are made.

I am sure he is too high profile to worry about a spot but maybe he is being pushed into committing by a staff due to numbers.

His best relationship is with brady hoke, michigan is the current leader, probably likes michigan's type offense more. He's michigan bound, folks.

Reactions: 2 people
His best relationship is with brady hoke, michigan is the current leader, probably likes michigan's type offense more. He's michigan bound, folks.

Exactly what is Michigans offense? I've watched a ton of UM games and cant quite put a finger on it.

His style of running doesn't really fit into Michigan's style of offense IMO. From the South Carolina game, Michigan had 35 of their 45 rushes from the two wildcat QB's alone, with the majority being sweeps to the outside.

I guess it boils down to whether or not DG wants to play IN the SEC, or lose to the SEC in the Capitol One or Outback Bowl every year.

Once hoke get's his style of players in, it will be a more traditional pro style.

This. Traditional pro set with spread. Multiple.

Can't see us getting Green. Hope so, but doubt it. Too many questions to resolve in his mind when he knows what he is getting at Michigan.

Once hoke get's his style of players in, it will be a more traditional pro style.

Denard was a rb most of the game and Gardner was still running the read. I dont know what a "Hoke" player plays like, but he's had 2 years to coach Gardner into his style of offense. Im willing to bet year 3 looks a lot like year 1 with more passing. Gardner is a good accurate thrower with decent wheels.

VN Store

Back