'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Sour grapes??? I never grouped Green in my top RBs. Kamara and Dye were always my 1a. and 1b. Those other backs would've had the same production running behind the line we had as well as backing up Hardesty. Green isn't close to Brown IMO I'm sorry. There are a few elite backs in this class but Green isn't one of them. I thought his tackle breaking and strength would be showcased yesterday but they weren't in a game where the best LBs from this class really weren't playing (outside of Jaylon Smith). His speed is what I thought it was too. Not a breakaway threat IMO.

I was saying sour grapes on my part... Honestly I believe Kamara is the best fit for CBJ's offense as well.

TBH, Green's play and recruitment reminds me a lot of Enrique Davis coming out of HS. He MAY end up being good but his play, despite what the recruiting services say, didn't reflect it Saturday.

49 yards rushing on very limited carries. 6 yards a carry. Broke a great run for over 20 yards. Did not fumble. What exactly were you looking for?

Also the blocking schemes in these all star games are extremely bland, and no one rushed for a higher average than Derrick Green, and Henry was the only other productive rb.

Also the blocking schemes in these all star games are extremely bland, and no one rushed for a higher average than Derrick Green, and Henry was the only other productive rb.

Greg Bryant looked better than both of them to me. Stats are not what I was looking for. His advertised running style never showed in the game to me.

Only thing I see playing in our favor right now is Michigan already has 1 4* RB committed and he is about the same size as Green. It does seem to be playing out as some mentioned very early in this recruiting year that IF we got Green, he may be the only back taken. Same with Henry. Of course if we missed on both most felt we would take at least 2.

49 yards rushing on very limited carries. 6 yards a carry. Broke a great run for over 20 yards. Did not fumble. What exactly were you looking for?

Stats aren't always indicative of performance. He was average on Saturday. The "great" run you speak of was where he was in a "heavy package" where led around the end by Derrick Henry. You could've driven a Fiat around the end w that hole. Green consistently went down on first contact and appeared to shy away from contact ALL game.

I was expecting and hoping for a one cut back that used his vision and speed to get downhill as quickly as possible.

Don't know why I'm even debating with some posters. It's clear that some don't a thing about what they're talking about. Go Vols!!!!!!

Everyone has their own opinions Breaker, sorry if disagreeing with you offended you. I for one would be elated if Derrick Green were to become a Vol.

Everyone has their own opinions Breaker, sorry if disagreeing with you offended you. I for one would be elated if Derrick Green were to become a Vol.

Not even referring to you personally. Just certain posters in general that base everything off measurements and a stat sheet. And never think about other aspects of the game that factor into judging/projecting a player.

Green got dinged up pretty good in his first run during the game, don't know if that had an affect or not.

Green got dinged up pretty good in his first run during the game, don't know if that had an affect or not.

I did notice he seemed to be limping pretty good after that 1st run. I think he did just fine in the game. Both offenses struggled and that was not a surprise to most.

I'm not saying this about you, but the man is right in a way. I love volnation but it's pretty clear the general feeling around here is complete negativity. I just can't be that way.

Coming from a 5th generation of vols, multiple family alums, and years of football and ball games, no way I can be negative. Like I was raised always knowing that I've seen a lot more wins than losses.

with that being said I think green us all vol. IMO parents like ut, he likes ut, close to home, Jay Graham, and he knows he will have the chance to be the cornerstone of something special with UT and CBJ.

GBO

I'm not saying this about you, but the man is right in a way. I love volnation but it's pretty clear the general feeling around here is complete negativity. I just can't be that way.

Coming from a 5th generation of vols, multiple family alums, and years of football and ball games, no way I can be negative. Like I was raised always knowing that I've seen a lot more wins than losses.

with that being said I think green us all vol. IMO parents like ut, he likes ut, close to home, Jay Graham, and he knows he will have the chance to be the cornerstone of something special with UT and CBJ.

GBO

I do hope your right. I can see alot of reasons he would pick UT. Him still saying UM leads makes me think he just thinks he can win more there. Depth chart and most everything else getting on the field would be tougher there than here IMO.

We will not know which way Green is going to go before his visit later this month. Butch Jones and Jay Graham will have their chance to seal the deal at that point! One thing is for sure, Green will have the opportunity to be the Man from day one at Tennessee!!!

If Green ain't coming I just hope he's let the coaches know so they can really get after whatever running back(s) they think they can get. We have to get at least one SEC level talent in this class.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back