'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

If Green ain't coming I just hope he's let the coaches know so they can really get after whatever running back(s) they think they can get. We have to get at least one SEC level talent in this class.

With all the RBs the new staff has offered, I think DG has informed them of his plans.

With all the RBs the new staff has offered, I think DG has informed them of his plans.

Kinda why I've lost hope for green as well. Maybe a recruiting season to build depth with lower rated talent. At least CBJ isn't waiting until the last second like the last guy did.

Kinda why I've lost hope for green as well. Maybe a recruiting season to build depth with lower rated talent. At least CBJ isn't waiting until the last second like the last guy did.

The problem I see is if CBJ offered all those RBs because he does not feel good about getting DG, how long does he wait before he starts allowing kids to commit? I don't think we can continue to tell kids to wait. I honestly just wish Green would pick. Either way at least then we know he is off the table.

Reactions: 1 person
Uh green looked really good yesterday. Anyone that says otherwise is just hating to hate

You will note alot of the same ones dogging on Green "not showing them anything" yesterday are the same ones saying Bryce Brown did not show them anything while at UT playing as a true FR. Meanwhile, he is rocking it in the NFL.

"Don't question me, I just know". :eek:lol:

So giving an honest assessment is now considered hating?. Sorry, didn't grow up in nor do I believe in the trophies for everyone generation.

i have noticed an increased level of, i won't say bashing, but maybe less positive things to say about green or about how another RB would be better over the past week or two since green has talked more about UM as his leader. that might be considered hating to some

i have noticed an increased level of, i won't say bashing, but maybe less positive things to say about green or about how another RB would be better over the past week or two since green has talked more about UM as his leader. that might be considered hating to some

Typical of this board. Just wait till you see the "Didn't want him or need him anyways" posts. It'll get ridiculous.

As you have very well learned over the past few weeks, some of our fans are irrational and over react. They see that Green is leaning towards Michigan and begin the "we didn't want him anyway" or "I'd rather have [insert RB recruit here] he's better" early so that if he commits to Michigan they have already convinced themselves that he should be a 2 star or some other nonsense like that.

Reactions: 2 people

Not saying some posters aren't irrational, but I also think how good Kamara looked in the UA game has something to do with it.

Think the All-Star game had anything to do with it? Because we don't lead for a RB that I want. And there were some of us off the Green as a 5 star wagon a while back.

So giving an honest assessment is now considered hating?. Sorry, didn't grow up in nor do I believe in the trophies for everyone generation.

Lol yeah while all the scouts at practice and games say he was awesome we are supposed to believe you truly think and know he stinks. Sour grapes. I will be disappointed to miss out on green or Kamara and think both would be an incredible one two punch in our offense

Lol yeah while all the scouts at practice and games say he was awesome we are supposed to believe you truly think and know he stinks. Sour grapes. I will be disappointed to miss out on green or Kamara and think both would be an incredible one two punch in our offense

Scouts? By scouts you mean... nevermind. Didn't say he stunk but he did have a disappointing performance. Bash me if you want for not subscribing to group think. I wasn't impressed and I'm not afraid to say it. I speak my mind on any and all prospects and never have I been one to have sour grapes.

That's what we need...a Michigan fan scolding us TN fans on our apparent disinterest in a recruit that names Michigan as his leader. With the comment having just a hint of rubbing our proverbial noses in it. I would be ecstatic for Mr Green Jeans to chose us but if he doesn't so be it. On to the next one.

Scouts? By scouts you mean... nevermind. Didn't say he stunk but he did have a disappointing performance. Bash me if you want for not subscribing to group think. I wasn't impressed and I'm not afraid to say it. I speak my mind on any and all prospects and never have I been one to have sour grapes.

Yeah you can't talk about any recruits on these boards. You dislike a local 2 star guy it's the "You're hating on a kid because he's from Tennessee". You dislike a five star it's the "You're mad because he's not coming to UT". Can't win on this board.

i've seen plenty of the "oh i didn't want him anyway" type of meltdowns on UM boards plenty too, it's all over every fan base.

as for the kamara/green/one game review, aesthetically kamara looked a lot better to me but the eye test isn't what wins games either. with that though using one game to determine whether or not a player is any good/over-rated/under-rated is just silly. in the end it all comes down to opinion as far as ratings go but while they may not be NFL level experts at grading talent these recruiting services and analysts make their money by watching more than one game to make their judgements of a player. even with it being a judgement call, i'll take the opinion of someone who has looked at a whole body of work to rate someone over someone who uses one game to make their judgement. these guys are still taking a shot in the dark as far as rating a player goes but they still educate themselves pretty well before making such a decision.

That's what we need...a Michigan fan scolding us TN fans on our apparent disinterest in a recruit that names Michigan as his leader. With the comment having just a hint of rubbing our proverbial noses in it. I would be ecstatic for Mr Green Jeans to chose us but if he doesn't so be it. On to the next one.

that wasn't meant to come across that way honestly, it was more so a direct response to the back and forth over people being haters

Just because some posters like one back over another doesn't mean they are hating on the other. Both Kamara and Green are both elite backs and bring similar but different skill sets to the field. Some say one or the other will work better in CBJ system. Also, Green saying MI leads plays into it as we'll. Fans are naturally gonna like the player that seems to favor their team the most. Not that Kamara favors TN obviously but he hasn't favored any team publicly yet.

i've seen plenty of the "oh i didn't want him anyway" type of meltdowns on UM boards plenty too, it's all over every fan base.

as for the kamara/green/one game review, aesthetically kamara looked a lot better to me but the eye test isn't what wins games either. with that though using one game to determine whether or not a player is any good/over-rated/under-rated is just silly. in the end it all comes down to opinion as far as ratings go but while they may not be NFL level experts at grading talent these recruiting services and analysts make their money by watching more than one game to make their judgements of a player. even with it being a judgement call, i'll take the opinion of someone who has looked at a whole body of work to rate someone over someone who uses one game to make their judgement. these guys are still taking a shot in the dark as far as rating a player goes but they still educate themselves pretty well before making such a decision.

You can check Kamara's thread. I didn't just make a rash decision. I personally thought Green would be a bulldozer since he somewhat bullied players on the videos. But then I saw him playing against players of equal talent and he didn't show a mean edge. Didn't punish anybody at all during the game. Didn't drive after first contact. I just was unimpressed to the max.

VN Store

Back