'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

FWIW, here are my two cents on where things stand with Green right now. I think AU chances have significantly decreased. If the family was planning on driving down to Auburn for every/most home games to watch Derrick play, they would not have any issues driving down to meet the new coaching staff.

I believe Green wants to play in the SEC, which leads me to believe that he very well could pick UT over Michigan, in addition to his good relationship with Graham. AU had been one of his favorites all season long. Problem is, he just doesn't really know us anymore with Chizik and Luper gone and the short amount of time until he selects a school.

Curious, why do you believe he wants to play in the SEC?

There's a video, I forget where I saw it, with Green's mother saying they'll move to wherever he chooses to go to school at.

There's a video, I forget where I saw it, with Green's mother saying they'll move to wherever he chooses to go to school at.

If distance was a huge factor he would've looked at closer schools like Vi Tech more heavily. He's gonna go wherever he wants regardless of distance.

CBJ-
"Derrick we can offer you playing time as a FR here at Tennessee".

CJG-
-Hands mama Green an envelope with keys to a new condo 2 blocks from the stadium on a 3 Yr lease w/ an optional 4th year if needed-

"Checkmate"!

:whistling:
We may not be renovating churches, but we are keeping people from being homeless.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ-

CJG-
-Hands mama Green an envelope with keys to a new condo 2 blocks from the stadium on a 3 Yr lease w/ an optional 4th year if needed-

"Checkmate"!

We may not be renovating churches, but we are keeping people from being homeless.

Just doing the lord's work.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ-

CJG-

"Checkmate"!

I see what you did there! :hi:

I mean while we're comparing what each school's players do in the NFL.. all 6 UT players in the Pro Bowl say..

WHASSSSAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!
budweiser-whats-up-commercial1.jpg

Is this how James Franklin recruits?

Reactions: 8 people
Honestly I think we have a great shot at Green, if you guys remember before the US Army All American game, Green and Henry (Bama RB commit) were talking smack about who's the better RB in the class. Maybe Green will pick UT and this could turn into a big rivalry between players. Just a thought lol

Honestly I think we have a great shot at Green, if you guys remember before the US Army All American game, Green and Henry (Bama RB commit) were talking smack about who's the better RB in the class. Maybe Green will pick UT and this could turn into a big rivalry between players. Just a thought lol

Is there a video or anything of that?

Is there a video or anything of that?

I'll try to find it but it was before the all american game

edit: Can't really find it anywhere, maybe if you watched like a recording of everything with the commercials and stuff then id guess you would find it

Last edited:
I'll try to find it but it was before the all american game

I saw it also, and I have to say in that game that Henry was the better back. However, Henry did have more carries and was able to get in a better groove, as he seemed to be on the field more. Maybe it was just me, but it did seem that way. I hope Green comes to UT and they battle it out for a few years, and in the end, Green ends up better.

I saw it also, and I have to say in that game that Henry was the better back. However, Henry did have more carries and was able to get in a better groove, as he seemed to be on the field more. Maybe it was just me, but it did seem that way. I hope Green comes to UT and they battle it out for a few years, and in the end, Green ends up better.

I think it would be pretty sweet, the thing is if Green comes to UT then he willhave more carries than henry most likely

VN Store

Back