'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

quite possibly but for now lewan is rated #2 while, i keep hearing tiny but i don't know his real name so i'm going with the first UT tackle on the list, is #14 for the 2014 draft. even clowney said lewan was the best tackle he's played against.

No

quite possibly but for now lewan is rated #2 while, i keep hearing tiny but i don't know his real name so i'm going with the first UT tackle on the list, is #14 for the 2014 draft. even clowney said lewan was the best tackle he's played against.

Huh, cause Clowney said in an interview after that game that Tiny was still the best he faced all year. So I'm more likely to believe what the guy told a reporter over what what one of the tackles he faced said he told him.

Actually, this is what Clowney said:
"He's pretty good," Clowney said of Lewan. "Him and the guy from Tennessee (Antonio 'Tiny' Richardson), best (tackles) I went against

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, this is what Clowney said:

The fact that he still remembered Tiny after that much time had past is why I believe he's more impressed with Tiny than they guy he had just went up against. That and the fact that Tiny made him disappear for all but 1 play all game, while the UM game he was making his presence known throughout the game, maybe not as much as usual but he was more noticeable in the UM game than the UT game.

Clowney has praised Tiny many times this year. Everytime it comes up, he mentions Tiny. The argument doesn't really matter though, they're both very good tackles.

Tiny just a sophomore and first year starter though :)

Reactions: 1 person

There is not a single quote from clowney in your post.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Everybody on UM blew their blocking assignment on that play IMO. A TE should never be assigned to block Clowney, unless he has help.

If that is how Michigan designed the play to be blocked, then the coaches need to be fired. Nobody assigns a TE to block Clowney on a run or a pass.

Clowney has praised Tiny many times this year. Everytime it comes up, he mentions Tiny. The argument doesn't really matter though, they're both very good tackles.

Tiny just a sophomore and first year starter though :)

exactly. what i pointed out was from a SC newspaper article so it's not considered michigan bias writing because just about everything else i find is UM related. that plus using NFLdraftscout.com rankings as to who they think is rated where. not saying it's right or wrong just using the info available on the interwebz.

either way this is about derrick green not who has the better LT.

Tiny's already a beast and his potential has just barely been tapped. If the new coaches are any good, Tiny could develop into an all-time great. He's the Reggie White of the offensive line. The young man is unbelievable.

Back to DG, is he a signing day commit, or does he plan on announcing before that?

Offensive line talk is extremely relevant to DG. It’s hard to get positive yards with a linebacker in between you and the quarterback. And for 2013 both teams are set with LT. I think UM’s line is pretty good, and UT’s has the ability to be special. And both teams are bringing in some more talent to make sure that QBs and RBs will be able to do their work for years to come. So, O-line to O-line it’s a wash.

Tiny's already a beast and his potential has just barely been tapped. If the new coaches are any good, Tiny could develop into an all-time great. He's the Reggie White of the offensive line. The young man is unbelievable.

Back to DG, is he a signing day commit, or does he plan on announcing before that?

whoa hold on now, Reggie White was quite possibly the GREATEST defensive player in history. Tiny's could be better but that's a VERY bold statement.

Reactions: 2 people
something i wondered about that i'd like to get an opinion on around here, does the departure of bray, hunter, CP, and, two more WRs was it? hurt things any? i don't know what the depth chart looks like at those positions now so what does losing 5 offensive skill position players affect things for green? is there enough there to have roughly the same passing output without those guys?

something i wondered about that i'd like to get an opinion on around here, does the departure of bray, hunter, CP, and, two more WRs was it? hurt things any? i don't know what the depth chart looks like at those positions now so what does losing 5 offensive skill position players affect things for green? is there enough there to have roughly the same passing output without those guys?

We still have some very talented, but unproven players behind those two. Also, it helps our situation with Marquez North who didn't want to come in and sit behind these two. Sure it hurts to lose those guys, but it never hurts to see players getting drafted. I think Bray would have benefited from staying under CBJ one more year, but I wish him the best.

All that being said I don't believe it hurts our situation with D Green. He's not afraid of competition, and with the recent loss of a few players we have plenty of room to bring guys in. That, and the mainstay is the strength of our offensive line, but you already know that :good!:. He'll be running behind a couple of future NFL players here, and maybe more depending on how Mahoney coaches them up.

Completely different offense. Instead of slinging it 80 times a game (not really) it’s gonna be based on a running QB (totally not Bray) and precise routes (not CP or Hunter) and a punishing OL and RBs (still got those). But it all starts with the zone-read plays out of shotgun single wing. This system got Isaiah Pead drafted and could get a couple of other guys drafted as well.

In summation, if the offense was staying the same, losing those guy would hurt much more than with the offense becoming something none of those guys did well. South Carolina runs a similar offense to what Tennessee will use.

We still have some very talented, but unproven players behind those two. Also, it helps our situation with Marquez North who didn't want to come in and sit behind these two. Sure it hurts to lose those guys, but it never hurts to see players getting drafted. I think Bray would have benefited from staying under CBJ one more year, but I wish him the best.

All that being said I don't believe it hurts our situation with D Green. He's not afraid of competition, and with the recent loss of a few players we have plenty of room to bring guys in. That, and the mainstay is the strength of our offensive line, but you already know that :good!:. He'll be running behind a couple of future NFL players here, and maybe more depending on how Mahoney coaches them up.

there are obviously talented players there to fill those spots or they wouldn't be there but i guess the more direct question is would the offense have to rely too heavily on the RB because the passing game might be so-so or would it be good enough to go 50-50 run v pass

there are obviously talented players there to fill those spots or they wouldn't be there but i guess the more direct question is would the offense have to rely too heavily on the RB because the passing game might be so-so or would it be good enough to go 50-50 run v pass

You saying if green thinks the offense will have to rely on the run heavily that would be a bad thing for tenn??

You saying if green thinks the offense will have to rely on the run heavily that would be a bad thing for tenn??

not necessarily, might actually help out knowing the offense would be more centered around him, who knows. but at the same time, you have to be able to run and pass to do both effectively.

as to what the other guys above said, i totally forgot about a change in the style of play. if it's something similar to what south carolina runs and green is as dominating as lattimore was, it could work out nicely

I'm guessing you mean the TE Rivera, who would be the other WR?

And besides we have 2 large fast 4 star WRs in Croom and Bowles, and he shifty fast slot 4 star WR in Pig Howard. The O-line returns in tact. And a senior RB in Neal and Jr in Lane who are good backs but not great. This would mean Green would have a lot of opportunity to play behind an experienced O-line in year 1.

VN Store

Back