'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

As I said earlier, I think he still has not made a final decision and he is going back and forth in trying to make the best decision. It could go either way. We will know when he announces.

I think he knows exactly where he is going. He said he did after the AA game.

I don't understand the Jimbo visit at all. FSU has not been in it for a long time. Even DG said Jimbo said he wants to come anyways. As a coach, I think I would focus my recruiting time on kids I have a chance of landing.

""It's down to Michigan, Auburn and Tennessee," said the 6-foot-0, 220-pounder who is ranked as the No. 14 player overall. "It's down to those teams. I don't think I'll take anymore visits and I'm announcing on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 4PM at the Glen Allen Cultural Center which is about 10 minutes outside of Richmond."

Green, who has taken official visits to Michigan, Auburn and Tennessee, will be hosting a fourth school this week at his home.

"Tennessee is coming Sunday, it will be coach Graham and the offensive coordinator I think because coach Jones has already done his in-home. Michigan is coming Monday and coach Hoke will be doing his in-home and Thursday will be Gus Malzahn and the Auburn coaches," he said. "And Wednesday Jimbo Fisher will be coming, we already scheduled and he still wants to come so that's still on."

"This will be my first time meeting the new staff at Auburn, it will be a chance to sit down with coach Graham again and the offensive coordinator at Tennessee and it will be a chance to talk again to the Michigan staff," he said. "And I know FSU will be pushing hard to get me to visit next weekend so we'll see how that goes. I want to use these final visits to figure everything out."

-rivals
Not the best news to hear about no more visits but i don't think that means we are out of it as long as he sits tight and doesn't go anywhere else.

As I said earlier, I think he still has not made a final decision and he is going back and forth in trying to make the best decision. It could go either way. We will know when he announces.

You could be right, based on that Rivals quote. He may be leaning one way, but I don't think he'd fool with all these visits if he knew for sure.

Is it just me or does this sound like he hasn't made a solid decision yet. I think if he likes what CMB has to say; we might just pull this one out.

This. I think he is giving our staff and Auburn staff a chance I don't think his mom wants him in Michigan. We might just get him in Orange.

Not the best news to hear about no more visits but i don't think that means we are out of it as long as he sits tight and doesn't go anywhere else.

I agree but Jay Graham is coming so it is not that big deal IMO Jay recruited him even when he was still coaching at South Carolina.

Even if he chooses elsewhere we still have great talent on our board and won't fall short on NSD. I think Jo Jo will be a great player as well as Barber we have special "backup plans" imo.

That being said getting green would be monumental go vols

Cameron Toney just left his OV. He said he actually likes the new staff better than the old one. Toney also said the Auburn coaches told him Derrick Green was visiting next week.

We'll see.

1NhxG

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back