'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

We won't go down without fighting. Sent a big crew today and sending coach jake out with jay next time. I would feel better if he came in this wknd. I wonder if that's why we went out to see him today.

Are we able to go back again? How many visits do we get?

Not sure if there is a limit on assts. visits. I have never really took the time to read up on NCAA rules.

There is a limit for sure. I am just not sure what it is exactly. My guess is 3 contacts. We have used 2 that I know of and I also think the OV counts. I think we are done.

""It's down to Michigan, Auburn and Tennessee," said the 6-foot-0, 220-pounder who is ranked as the No. 14 player overall. "It's down to those teams. I don't think I'll take anymore visits and I'm announcing on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 4PM at the Glen Allen Cultural Center which is about 10 minutes outside of Richmond."

Green, who has taken official visits to Michigan, Auburn and Tennessee, will be hosting a fourth school this week at his home.

"Tennessee is coming Sunday, it will be coach Graham and the offensive coordinator I think because coach Jones has already done his in-home. Michigan is coming Monday and coach Hoke will be doing his in-home and Thursday will be Gus Malzahn and the Auburn coaches," he said. "And Wednesday Jimbo Fisher will be coming, we already scheduled and he still wants to come so that's still on."

"This will be my first time meeting the new staff at Auburn, it will be a chance to sit down with coach Graham again and the offensive coordinator at Tennessee and it will be a chance to talk again to the Michigan staff," he said. "And I know FSU will be pushing hard to get me to visit next weekend so we'll see how that goes. I want to use these final visits to figure everything out."

-rivals

hoke closes the deal on that sunday visit imo

With an announcement pending, Derrick Green's final trio of schools are making a hard push to land the ESPN 150 prospect.

Tennessee was the latest school to visit the tailback from Richmond (Va.) Hermitage, who will announce his college decision on Jan. 26. The Volunteers did so on Sunday. Michigan coaches, including head coach Brady Hoke, are scheduled to visit Green on Monday. Auburn coaches are scheduled to visit Green on Thursday.

Two late entries in the chase for Green appear to be out of the running. The No. 38 prospect in the country told ESPN on Sunday that he was not planning to take official visits to Florida

"Right now I've got it down to Michigan, Auburn and Tennessee," Green said. "I can't go wrong with any of those schools."

Tennessee, which is in dire need of a tailback, has put the hard press on Green. Four Tennessee coaches were at Green's house on Sunday, led by running back coach Jay Graham. Green said the attention meant alot.

"Definitely," he said. "It shows they really want me. They're high on me. It definitely shows a lot of love for me for them to all come out. I have a lot of respect for all those guys."

Green is optimistic about the Vols' future, even though Tennessee is under its fourth coach since 2008. The Vols hired head coach Butch Jones in January.

"They're great," Green said. "They're all business. They're trying to change Tennessee and do a 360."

Auburn continues to make a strong run at Green. Before the Tigers coaching change, Auburn was thought to be a strong player, if not the leader, for Green. The Tigers have maintained a solid standing through their transition.

Green said he has a strong appreciation for Auburn's coaches when they were at previous schools, especially first-year head coach Gus Malzahn, who was hired last month from Arkansas State. Malzahn was the offensive coordinator at Auburn from 2009 to 2011.

"The coaches," Green said when asked what he liked about Auburn. "Coach Malzahn, when he was there at Auburn, he won a national championship."

Michigan's coaches are scheduled to visit Green on Monday with head coach Brady Hoke. With coaching changes at Auburn and Tennessee, there's certainly reason to believe the Wolverines are in the driver's seat. Green isn't willing to go that far.

Just realized he said Bajakian would be there, but Graham, Elder, and Mahoney were all that showed up right?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back