'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Either Graham lands a quality back this year or you have to start questioning his alleged strength as a top recruiter. It's yet to happen.

Maybe I have fallen into a trap but I feel like we are in good shape with a number of the bigfish. Bell, lawson, north, and green I give us at least a 50/50 chance for each.

This makes me a happy man :) I hope you're right

Green has to understand that if he wants a national championship he has to go through the SEC. Michigan is a great team but wrong conference.
He needs to come to the SEC join a VOL team where he will immediately be the man and be a part of the big orange storm rising!

Reactions: 1 person
Green has to understand that if he wants a national championship he has to go through the SEC. Michigan is a great team but wrong conference.
He needs to come to the SEC join a VOL team where he will immediately be the man and be a part of the big orange storm rising!

I agree on your SEC point. I would wait to see how DG looked once he got here to declare him the day 1 starter. Lane/Neal or others may have something to say about that. Would love to have Green in Orange, but he would have to earn the job just like anyone else.

I agree on your SEC point. I would wait to see how DG looked once he got here to declare him the day 1 starter. Lane/Neal or others may have something to say about that. Would love to have Green in Orange, but he would have to earn the job just like anyone else.

Point taken...I agree. But to have a set of backs that could constantly pound the rock!! Good God I love Tennessee football! Lets bring these young men to the Vol Nation!

This isn't exactly ground breaking, just my take:

Tennessee and Auburn are both trailing Michigan and both trying to get him in on another unofficial.

If he takes an unofficial to either, I think he'll sign there. If not, it'll be Michigan.

This isn't exactly ground breaking, just my take:

Tennessee and Auburn are both trailing Michigan and both trying to get him in on another unofficial.

If he takes an unofficial to either, I think he'll sign there. If not, it'll be Michigan.

That's what I'm thinking.. Though I think au is out of it for him.

The fact that he is considering an unofficial at this time makes me think that this is a much closer call than most of us have assumed. I agree with the sentiment that, if Green visits UT or Auburn, the SEC school that gets the visit will likely sign him, or at least have a 50/50 shot as we get closer to NSD, and, without an unofficial, Michigan probably has him wrapped up. This recruiting class has the potential to be a program changing recruiting class. If, and it is a big if, UT gets Lawson, North, Green, and Bell along with the other current commits (and hopefully a few more big names), it would be unreal. Just getting one or two would be great but all four would simply be nasty. I bet the coaches are selling the idea that this could be the foundation of a championship team to the recruits and identfying their potential teammates and I hope they're listening because it is true.

The fact that he is considering an unofficial at this time makes me think that this is a much closer call than most of us have assumed. I agree with the sentiment that, if Green visits UT or Auburn, the SEC school that gets the visit will likely sign him, or at least have a 50/50 shot as we get closer to NSD, and, without an unofficial, Michigan probably has him wrapped up. This recruiting class has the potential to be a program changing recruiting class. If, and it is a big if, UT gets Lawson, North, Green, and Bell along with the other current commits (and hopefully a few more big names), it would be unreal. Just getting one or two would be great but all four would simply be nasty. I bet the coaches are selling the idea that this could be the foundation of a championship team to the recruits and identfying their potential teammates and I hope they're listening because it is true.

It would be helpful for sure.

Like most things in life, this is far too logical to actually happen.

VN Store

Back