'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Funny thing is some have stated system is the biggest thing holding DG back from UT, but unless Hoke and AB are going to return to I formation or two back football they are using the same system CBJ is bringing to UT.

hoke is supposed to be going back to i formation and a power running game but personnel the past two years just didn't really allow for it

Funny thing is some have stated system is the biggest thing holding DG back from UT, but unless Hoke and AB are going to return to I formation or two back football they are using the same system CBJ is bringing to UT.

If I remember correctly, I think I read something when Hoke was hired that their goal after a year or two (post Robinson basically) would be to run at least 50% of the snaps from under center. Now that doesn't automatically equal I-form or two back sets but it's more likely to happen at UM than it will under Butch here.

very suspicious. why would someone who, publicly at least, has no ties to any school help recruit for one

I would be shocked if true but the only reason to think of is if he thinks that is where he will end up at and wanted to recruit for them. I will be shocked if he actually commits here.

I would be shocked if true but the only reason to think of is if he thinks that is where he will end up at and wanted to recruit for them. I will be shocked if he actually commits here.

i can see that but at that point just go ahead and pull the trigger and announce, would have a much further reaching impact on recruiting

Green is from the south. In Michigan they don't have sweet tea. No southerner will go three to four years without sweet tea. This will be the deciding factor.

Vol.

Reactions: 4 people
Michigan is a great school and has a program whose tradition speaks for itself. I just don't see us swaying the momentum they seem to have in this recruitment.

As far as Ann Arbor/Michigan in general, I couldn't and wouldn't live there. But to each their own.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back