'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and welcome to the board. Would appreciate it if you could sport a Vols hat every now and then. You'll be surprised at how many people will yell Go Vols... Even if you find yourself in Antarctica

I'd be one of them to holler "GO BIG ORANGE". There's a few of us Vol fans over here......

Reactions: 3 people
I'd be one of them to holler "GO BIG ORANGE". There's a few of us Vol fans over here......

Word.. It's always good to know a TN guy is nearby. When I'm traveling I'll always ask a Vol for directions, places to eat, accommodations, etc., before some stranger. If he's wearing Vol gear he's not a stranger to me. Course I'm always wearing mine so it's neat to see a smile creep up on their face as I approach. It might be because I'm good looking tho... Lol... And modest

Reactions: 2 people
I watched 2vols games this year...enjoyed it. I hope to see a couple live with jakob playing the next few years :dance2:

Let us know when you come. VN will prob buy you about 1500 beers so you will be pretty sloppy by gametime.. Believe that. I'll bring some moonshine... That should really put you in fat girl land then!

Reactions: 1 person
Thx.... i can deal with that.... not everybody likes us and we know that. But i don't care.. because i like the states...i love this sprot and i'm glad to see that one of our kids, will get a chance to play in tennessee.....i wrote jakob every week since he left germany....and, as half american kid, he is happy to be there.
I think he don't mind whart position he is going to play.....i personally think that he could be an outstanding de !
But whatever he is gonig to play....he is coachable, a goog athlet and intelligent.....he will be good doing his job.

Ummm...sounds as if Jakob has already decided where he wants to play college ball. Is he a silent to our Vols? :)

Let us know when you come. VN will prob buy you about 1500 beers so you will be pretty sloppy by gametime.. Believe that. I'll bring some moonshine... That should really put you in fat girl land then!

Be careful. Some of our euro brothers can flat out drink. He may turn you into a chubby chaser.:)

Thx.... i can deal with that.... not everybody likes us and we know that. But i don't care.. because i like the states...i love this sprot and i'm glad to see that one of our kids, will get a chance to play in tennessee.....i wrote jakob every week since he left germany....and, as half american kid, he is happy to be there.
I think he don't mind whart position he is going to play.....i personally think that he could be an outstanding de !
But whatever he is gonig to play....he is coachable, a goog athlet and intelligent.....he will be good doing his job.

If Jakob is a Vol, our LB corp is just going to be sick!!!!!

Ummm...sounds as if Jakob has already decided where he wants to play college ball. Is he a silent to our Vols? :)

I know his storry from the first day....as his former hc i talked to him about a college carrier when i received an email about 1 year ago from the seminoles scout. Tom schneider, former feris state qb took over the conversation with the scout. Jakob wrote email to many div. 1 colleges by it's own to make his dream real....he worked so unbelivieble hard. He is definately one of the most talented players i've ever seen over here. It was hard for us to teach him more about football.....two times a week practise....for just two hours....cause football in europe in not part of school programs. We told him to use his talent and his will to work hard. We had, and still have some players over there which took the chance too. Justin is playing his senior year in wyoming...marco played in delaware when flacco was the starting qb there. At the beginning jakob had a weak response....obviously the lb coach of the vols is able to recognize talent. And i'm sure jakob honors that !

Reactions: 9 people
I know his storry from the first day....as his former hc i talked to him about a college carrier when i received an email about 1 year ago from the seminoles scout. Tom schneider, former feris state qb took over the conversation with the scout. Jakob wrote email to many div. 1 colleges by it's own to make his dream real....he worked so unbelivieble hard. He is definately one of the most talented players i've ever seen over here. It was hard for us to teach him more about football.....two times a week practise....for just two hours....cause football in europe in not part of school programs. We told him to use his talent and his will to work hard. We had, and still have some players over there which took the chance too. Justin is playing his senior year in wyoming...marco played in delaware when flacco was the starting qb there. At the beginning jakob had a weak response....obviously the lb coach of the vols is able to recognize talent. And i'm sure jakob honors that !

Wow!! Thank you very much for sharing this story. This is awesome!

Oh by the way....

BOOM!!!!!

Mamba11, was Tom Schneider aware that Butch Jones was a fellow Ferris State grad and did that factor into Jakob's recruitment by, and interest in, Tennessee?

Mamba11, was Tom Schneider aware that Butch Jones was a fellow Ferris State grad and did that factor into Jakob's recruitment by, and interest in, Tennessee?

Tom was just responsible for the communication with the seminoles....but they where not really interested in my opinion.....i got to ask jakob how the contact with the vols was established...i don't know it exactly and i don't want to give a wrong information

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back