'14 FL LB Jakob Johnson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the former positionsition coach of jakob...he made him a lb..... but he took over the hc position this season cause i retiered.

Thats me

Michael_Eichel___Head_Coach_Stuttgart_Scorpions_Juniors_2012.jpg

Sorry about that, Coach Eichel! Thanks for sharing your first-hand information with us.

It's pretty interesting that there is a market for college football in Germany...this could start more of a trend. Euro-pipeline. I can see why the NFL wants a team or two overseas.

It's pretty interesting that there is a market for college football in Germany...this could start more of a trend. Euro-pipeline. I can see why the NFL wants a team or two overseas.
If they're smart they'll move the raiders and the jags

I was in football circus over here 22 years. There is no way bring a lot of players to that level....the system over here is weak....we got to send a hand full of players to the states ..thats the only how it works. The biggest difference is the coaching....coaching is weak over here.

Reactions: 1 person
Have you heard if the coaches plan on visiting him in Germany around Christmas time?

Sounds possible to me....jakobs mother like to know everything about the academical part.....but i gonna ask jakob via fb....
I figure that out.

His father is a former football import player....he played about15 years ago as a rb calvin johnson....i'm 100 % sure that he love to see jakob playing for the vols.

But ask jakob...he is in neyland 1800 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Tom was just responsible for the communication with the seminoles....but they where not really interested in my opinion.....i got to ask jakob how the contact with the vols was established...i don't know it exactly and i don't want to give a wrong information

Thanks. When I first learned that Jakob's initial point of contact was a Ferris State grad, and our current coach is also, my initial thought was that the old alumni network might have been operative in this case.

Last edited:
Thanks. When I first learned that Jakob's initial point of contact was a Ferris State grad, and our current coach is also, my first thought was that the old alumni network might have been operative in this case.

Maybe tom established a contact to ferris too.... we had another american coach paul schudel over here this year... he also established some contacts... but, as i know, he tried to send jakob to a div. 3 school :cray:

I know his storry from the first day....as his former hc i talked to him about a college carrier when i received an email about 1 year ago from the seminoles scout. Tom schneider, former feris state qb took over the conversation with the scout. Jakob wrote email to many div. 1 colleges by it's own to make his dream real....he worked so unbelivieble hard. He is definately one of the most talented players i've ever seen over here. It was hard for us to teach him more about football.....two times a week practise....for just two hours....cause football in europe in not part of school programs. We told him to use his talent and his will to work hard. We had, and still have some players over there which took the chance too. Justin is playing his senior year in wyoming...marco played in delaware when flacco was the starting qb there. At the beginning jakob had a weak response....obviously the lb coach of the vols is able to recognize talent. And i'm sure jakob honors that !

Bump for who our next commit will be, IMO. Pay special attention to the last few lines.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back