'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

"I've known for months. I've known for a while, "Mosley explained. "I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I started liking Auburn some, but I have no doubts about my decision. I know I want to go to Tennessee and be a Tennessee Vol."

"What everybody doesn't know is I committed a few weeks ago," Mosley said. "Coach Jones asked my parents if they would be good with me going to Tennessee and they said, yes and that they trust him so I committed.

"I came down to Knoxville and being with the players and they wanted me there, not just the coaches, but the players wanted me there and they wanted me to come in and help them get Tennessee back to where it belongs," Mosley explained. "Like Tiny, me and him talked and he just told me that losing isn't what Tennessee does and he believed that the class we have coming in is something special. They welcomed me. That's a feeling I didn't get anywhere else. That was just a big key-point for me."

"It's going to mean a whole lot. Coach Jones told us at the junior day when we were all there and with the Berry twins, he pulled us in the room and said, 'If Tennessee is going to win we're going to do it with instate talent. That's how we're going to do it.' That's what he wants to win with and he's emphasized that the whole time."

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
tumblr_mr0zy1jH5e1s2wsdzo1_500.gif

Reactions: 3 people
A number of times I have seen posters ask for stats but never seen any given. Here is what I just saw on twitter

@TheDannyParker: Scout 4-star, new #Vols commit Charles Mosley (@BigCharless) had 20 TFLs, 10 sacks for Brighton (Tenn.) High and was Mr. Football finalist.

Welcome, Charles. Heres hoping your time at UT is everything you envisioned it to be. Go Big Orange!!! :hi:

"If Tennessee is going to win we're going to do it with in-state talent. That's how we're going to do it."

The significance of this FINALLY coming to fruition cannot be understated. While the state, as a whole, may not be as deep in talent as our neighbors to the south, the fact that we can finally count on at least 5-10 highly rated players being in our own backyard on an annual basis, bodes well for the future of this program.

And the fact that VU has risen to an all-time high, as a football program, and yet winds up with the Compass Bowl after beating Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee in the same year should illustrate to those same recruits that...no matter how good it gets at Vandy, the fact that you can't sell out the smallest stadium in the SEC will only merit post-season trips to the likes of Birmingham, Memphis, and Shreveport.

All garden spots, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
"If Tennessee is going to win we're going to do it with in-state talent. That's how we're going to do it."

The significance of this FINALLY coming to fruition cannot be understated. While the state, as a whole, may not be as deep in talent as our neighbors to the south, the fact that we can finally count on at least 5-10 highly rated players being in our own backyard bodes well for the future of this program.

And the fact that VU has risen to an all-time high, as a football program, and yet winds up with the Compass Bowl after beating Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee in the same year should illustrate to those same recruits that...no matter how good it gets at Vandy, the fact that you can't sell out the smallest stadium in the SEC will only merit post-season trips to the likes of Birmingham, Memphis, and Shreveport.

All garden spots, for sure.

And we all know that even that won't last. They will lose to Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee next year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back