'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I don't think we can risk waiting all the way to signing day for three DL spots and perhaps miss on all of them and end up with just one guy.
I doubt that's going to happen. Obviously you can reasses situations. If we don't have any DTs closing in on signing day, we will open our board up, but I was speaking as if we already had a few guys we would wait specifically for big Charles.

I doubt Mosley or Barnett wait til NSD

I believe it has been said Butch won't wait around. Now if you're a can't-miss player like adoree or Hendrix maybe. Of course staff may see Moseley as can't-miss. I don't know. Doesn't seem he is. Either way he won't wait til Feb anyways so discussion is moot

I think us offering Elam was a shot across the bow toward Mosley. Butch wants a big bodied 1 technique DT.

Considering the SEC is essentially won and lost in the trenches, is it completely inconceivable that we would stockpile defensive linemen? I don't understand why we wouldn't take 3 of the 4:
Barnett, Mosley, Lambert and Humphries.

We need all the big bodies we can get. Why would we tell Mosley, Poona or CW to look elsewhere?

I don't think we can risk waiting all the way to signing day for three DL spots and perhaps miss on all of them and end up with just one guy.

I don't think we will wait until signing day. We all seem to get a little stir crazy when we don't get a commitment every 7 days. We will know about lambert in 11 days, and I think barnett may be looking at next week. Lets see how things progress and stay excited about this Legacy Class!

I don't think we will wait until signing day. We all seem to get a little stir crazy when we don't get a commitment every 7 days. We will know about lambert in 11 days, and I think barnett may be looking at next week. Lets see how things progress and stay excited about this Legacy Class!
Has nothing to do with the last 7 days. Most of this class is committed, one DE, no DTs. Last year's class had no true DTs.

Failure to land a couple big time DTs will cripple the D in the next few years, and they'll wind up taking a couple of kids who never would've even been offered otherwise.

Basilio's "X" says we don't lead for any of these kids, unless we maybe have a slight lead for Barnett, and even he is iffy.

IMO, they don't get some of these DTs at the top of their board, we can't call this recruiting class a success, no matter where rivals ranks it.

Reactions: 2 people
Has nothing to do with the last 7 days. Most of this class is committed, one DE, no DTs. Last year's class had no true DTs.

Failure to land a couple big time DTs will cripple the D in the next few years, and they'll wind up taking a couple of kids who never would've even been offered otherwise.

Basilio's "X" says we don't lead for any of these kids, unless we maybe have a slight lead for Barnett, and even he is iffy.

IMO, they don't get some of these DTs at the top of their board, we can't call this recruiting class a success, no matter where rivals ranks it.

If only butch had 7 months to land those 3 guys. Then I bet he would do it

I swear some on vn just like to hear themselves $;&@$.

My guess is by months end the need at this position will be addressed

Reactions: 2 people

this is what i have been trying to say for the last two days but been getting destroyed.

this is what i have been trying to say for the last two days but been getting destroyed.

because what youve been saying is dont take the Berrys, and freaking out because we passed on some guys that the coaches dont like enough to accept a commit

You've been getting destroyed because you're making a mountain out of a molehill. You're whining because you think we're striking out on DT's, when multiple sources are reporting that we passed. If you know we need DT's, don't you think Butch knows that? What you don't know is what is being said between these recruits and our coaches. We could be a bigger factor for better players. You don't even know if the bridges are burned yet, Williams or Ford could flip the second a spot opens.

There's way too much uncertainty at this point in the recruiting cycle to be sh***ing your britches because we passed on a few kids.

Reactions: 5 people
You've been getting destroyed because you're making a mountain out of a molehill. You're whining because you think we're striking out on DT's, when multiple sources are reporting that we passed. If you know we need DT's, don't you think Butch knows that? What you don't know is what is being said between these recruits and our coaches. We could be a bigger factor for better players. You don't even know if the bridges are burned yet, Williams or Ford could flip the second a spot opens.

There's way too much uncertainty at this point in the recruiting cycle to be sh***ing your britches because we passed on a few kids.

I love creed too dude .

Anyway I'm thinking this guy is a guard so DL discussions are irrevelant like Michael Bolton.

VN Store

Back