'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

-Andrew Bone

Vol this weekend.

Yes scout is reporting he will visit UT this weekend and UA on August 10th. Now that later visit will not happen of course if he commits to UT this weekend which may happen.

Four-star DT Charles Mosley is going to check out Tennessee soon and then check out Bama on August 10.

-Scout

"Also expected in on Saturday is Charles Mosley. With the defensive line the number one priority still on the board and Mosley wanting to begin taking official visits sooner rather than later this is a big visit for Tennessee. The Vols have some momentum here and Tennessee can really keep that going Saturday when he's on campus.

He's scheduled to be at Alabama the next weekend. Look for him to possibly schedule official visits shortly after that, but in talking to Mosley recently we also get the feeling that he may not take all five like originally thought. The process seems to be wearing on him a bit."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Until early February as long as he is not committed.

I believe it has been said Butch won't wait around. Now if you're a can't-miss player like adoree or Hendrix maybe. Of course staff may see Moseley as can't-miss. I don't know. Doesn't seem he is. Either way he won't wait til Feb anyways so discussion is moot

I believe it has been said Butch won't wait around. Now if you're a can't-miss player like adoree or Hendrix maybe. Of course staff may see Moseley as can't-miss. I don't know. Doesn't seem he is. Either way he won't wait til Feb anyways so discussion is moot
How do you know he won't wait? Are you him in hiding?

We will wait around for the must-get guys, to me at this point those guys are Barnett, Mosley, and Hendrix. We will also have a scholly for Garrett/Adoree if they want in IMO

We will wait around for the must-get guys, to me at this point those guys are Barnett, Mosley, and Hendrix. We will also have a scholly for Garrett/Adoree if they want in IMO

Umm, the quote from VQ a few posts up? Says he may not even take all his visits and is getting tired of the process. So I took a wild uneducated swing

Reactions: 1 person
Umm, the quote from VQ a few posts up? Says he may not even take all his visits and is getting tired of the process. So I took a wild uneducated swing
I could say I'm not going to eat lunch today, but then around 11:30 get pretty hungry. Do I keep to a word that is so meaningless?

I do think he commits sooner rather than later, but he has a spot in the class unless he commits to Bama. Then we will continue recruiting but fill the spot if we have to. JMO

I know people love this kid especially since he is a in state kid but I'll be honest I'd much rather have Humphrey than this kid. He has upside sure but if he isn't dominating in some of his camps or if he doesn't dominate this yr in high school then I think we should pass. Let's face it the state is getting better as far as talent but it's still not that great. So he better dominate.

I tend to agree after some of the reports but the coaches will have to make that call. Id personally rather take a guy that needs to put on weight with good skills and strength vs a guy who needs to shed weight and add strength.

I tend to agree after some of the reports but the coaches will have to make that call. Id personally rather take a guy that needs to put on weight with good skills and strength vs a guy who needs to shed weight and add strength.

Good point in order for him to help us sooner rather that later he is going to have to lose some weight, and maybe a little strength doing so. Let's face it we need help on the d line sooner rather than later

I don't think we can risk waiting all the way to signing day for three DL spots and perhaps miss on all of them and end up with just one guy.

Ron what do you think about mosely if he continues to struggle.

No idea. I'll leave it up to the coaches. They've done nothing to make me question them yet. We've been sitting #1 in recruiting for awhile now, have 20+ commitments and it's barely August. I'm quite certain they have a plan and I'm betting we'll be plenty pleased with how the class finishes, whether Mosley/Williams/Humphreys/Ford/etc are apart of this class or not.

Butch knows DT is extremely important in this class, which is why he's being so picky, IMO.

In Butch I trust.

Reactions: 2 people
We have to now after turning away Ford and Williams. Barnett and Mosley are the senior DTs we're banking on.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But we should be in a position to put on a little bit of pressure at this point. IMO. Few remaining spots and we have other directons we COULD go, though we may not want to. Walker out of VA. Holley out of NY. Humphreys hasn't officially been passed on yet
Now if we miss on lambert in a couple weeks the pressure may be more back on us.

VN Store

Back