'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Maybe... According to 247, he's headed to Alabama the following weekend. If nothing else, it looks like he's making the rounds before making a decision.

If he plans on taking the trip to bama, I doubt he will be committing to us then on this trip. If he commits, I would look for that bama trip to be cancelled.

Maybe... According to 247, he's headed to Alabama the following weekend. If nothing else, it looks like he's making the rounds before making a decision.

Yup. I'm guessing if he doesn't commit to UT before that Bama trip he's going to lose his spot. Humphreys is ready to make a decision in the next couple weeks and he might slide right into Mosley's spot if Charles takes too much more time. JMO

Reactions: 3 people
FINALLY some (possible) good DT news.

Hopefully if he tries to commit, the staff will accept it. :birgits_giggle:

Staff has a plan. And that doesn't seem to coincide with VN.

DL is one of the easiest positions to evaluate to the next level. Quality over quantity at this position no doubt. Seems like 3 DL is their number. If that is actually the case than IMO they are choosing the right 3 in Mosely, Barnett, Lambert. I wouldn't replace Humphreys or Ford for any of those players.

Reactions: 1 person
Staff has a plan. And that doesn't seem to coincide with VN.

DL is one of the easiest positions to evaluate to the next level. Quality over quantity at this position no doubt. Seems like 3 DL is their number. If that is actually the case than IMO they are choosing the right 3 in Mosely, Barnett, Lambert. I wouldn't replace Humphreys or Ford for any of those players.

Mosley, Barnett, and Lambert would be a great haul. I would still take Humphreys or Ford if we did not get Blair so Mosley could then be an option at least on the OL. (3) DTs and Mosley on the OL or (4) DTs, one being Mosley would be fine with me.

Also, 247Sports' Charles Power reports that four-star lineman Charles Mosley of Brighton (Tenn.) High School is planning to visit the Vols this weekend before going to Alabama next weekend.

- Ryan C. - 247

I don't see him committing to UT this weekend if he's planning to visit Bama the very next weekend.

Asked my bama friend about what their boards are saying about Moseley. He texted me back:

"Yeah i didnt want to be rude and send you stuff about it but according to staff we have moved on after he didnt have the best camp at Bama this summer"

Asked my bama friend about what their boards are saying about Moseley. He texted me back:

"Yeah i didnt want to be rude and send you stuff about it but according to staff we have moved on after he didnt have the best camp at Bama this summer"

So not good enough for Bama but good enough for us. We must be recruiting him for DL and they were looking at him for OL?

A lot of people seem to think he is better suited for OG. I personally want him on defense due to our lack of numbers there. I think with time in the S&C program and some good coaching he can be a force at DT

Classic "we didn't want him anyway" response. :)

I love the fact we are keeping MOST of the top talent in-state! Minus a few guys that are going elsewhere, we are keeping most of our guys close to home - something Fooley epicly failed at.

Barton Simmons

He hasn't had a good spring/summer camp circuit. I've watched him get whipped on a couple of occasions by smaller players. He was a guy we projected as a really highly rated guy due to his upside and body but after actually watching him compete he just hasn't lived up to that ranking. Doesn't have the natural strength you'd expect out of a kid of that frame and doesn't move that great laterally.

Stinks considering how many high ranked and successful recruiting classes Bart has put together. His opinion really matters.

Reactions: 2 people
He seems to have more upsides as an RG but im sure Steve Stripling can mold him into a solid DL.

IIRC Bama was recruiting him as OL. So if he got whooped at their camp by smaller guys, it only makes me think it was referring to him on the OL

he worked on defense at the 3 and the 5 technique.

there are few of the comments from scout.com when he was at the camp.
"I can still play both, I was planning to at camp," he admitted. "But then I stayed on defense. Offense actually comes the most naturally to me, especially run blocking. It's just easier.

"But on defense, I need to work on my hands because I can bull-rush no problem. So that's what I worked on."

VN Store

Back