'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Kelly had an issue with his graduation date not allowing him to register with the others. It was off by a week and he tried but was told no go.

Reactions: 1 person
I think they have Mckenzie on there. I don't believe he is here and enrolled until today or tomorrow.

New article on 247:

A majority of Tennessee’s nationally-elite 2015 recruiting class is in Knoxville, and it’s enrolled in college classes and working out with the rest of the Volunteers.

Quay Picou, however, remains in Buford, Ga.

Tennessee’s three-star defensive tackle signee from Atlanta-area Buford High School is waiting on an unspecified academic snag to get sorted out, because he won’t be able to join the Vols until that occurs.

One might expect Picou to feel at least a little frustrated with the situation, but anyone taking that bet would lose.

Picou, the nation’s No. 386 overall prospect and No. 23 defensive tackle prospect in 247Sports’ 2015 recruiting rankings, said he has no doubts he’ll be with his future teammates sooner rather than later. Some in the Tennessee program are at least a little concerned with Picou’s situation, but the prospect doesn’t seam the least bit concerned.

“Oh, I’ll be good,” Picou told GoVols247. “I’ll be there.”

Picou essentially said his typically day at the moment is a day full of workouts and an evening spent thinking about how much fun he’s going to have playing football at the SEC level. He knows it’ll be a challenge, of course, but that hasn’t stopped him from grinning.

“I’m just excited, man,” Picou said. “It’s like … it’s happening, you know? It’s a great feeling. I’m ready to get up there and get with the guys I’m gonna be spending the next four years of my life with. It’s just really an exciting feeling.”

Picou said Tennessee’s coaches wanted him to show as close to a “lean 285” pounds as possible. In other words, they wanted him to gain 15 pounds from his high school playing weight and get in the best shape of his life.

The prospect said he’s tried to do both of those things at the same time, but he’s only been able to get up to a “lean” 280.

“Coach Jones said a lean 285 would be good,” Picou said. “I’m at 280 right now, but I’m lean. so they’re gonna have to do the other five pounds of work up there, I guess.

“I’m just focusing on being in the best shape I can possibly be.”

Picou, who’s scheduled to wear the No. 55 jersey in Knoxville, said he’s been “running and “running,” because that’s always been his game up front and always needs to be his game, especially as he starts playing against offensive linemen who will outweigh him by dozens of pounds.

-Rucker

Tennessee Vols signee Quay Picou anxious to arrive in Knoxville

Reactions: 7 people
So the sky isn't falling? And all our guys are slated to make it in?

Gotta give props to Butch if he can get this whole class in without any problems. That'd be 1 recruit over a 3 year span that DNQ* (Jabo Lee). Kiffin had like 7 DNQs in one year.

*Did not qualify

Reactions: 2 people
So the sky isn't falling? And all our guys are slated to make it in?

Gotta give props to Butch if he can get this whole class in without any problems. That'd be 1 recruit over a 3 year span that DNQ* (Jabo Lee). Kiffin had like 7 DNQs in one year.

*Did not qualify

Didn't Jabo qualify but we were worried about his knee or something?

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't Jabo qualify but we were worried about his knee or something?

This is one I have strong second hand knowledge about and have posted on here previously. A close family member of Temple's OC is a friend of mine. It was an undisclosed knee injury status that the HS coach glossed over along with Jabo. It was never about grades - he qualified at UT. Butch found out late in the game about the severity of the injury. Butch/staff assisted in finding Jabo another home and Temple took him as they had room to RS him. Jabo's family are very respectful and appreciative of Butch/UT.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm believing he will make it in and that he will be a really good player for us. Probably not this year, and might get some snaps next year. But I bet his junior and senior year he will play a big part. The grades concerns could be from just being a kid and not doing some schoolwork but he definitely comes off like he will be capable of passing at the next level.
He is the under the radar DT to come in with the big time highly touted guys, and he will work hard. I like his motor and relentless effort. The video clips show good speed and take off. He can learn a lot from Strip and practicing with some top tier talent.

I'm expecting him to get in and hope he does. I really rhink he can play an important part on the DLine.

VN Store

Back