'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

I know this is going to sound like blasphemy but I have this weird feeling that Quay will have a impact sooner than Shy.

I could be way off but I feel like they are this years Ethan Wolf and Daniel Helm.
I agree with others that Tuttle being an EE and already large enough to play the position in the SEC, gives him a leg up. Quay is probably going to need some time in the S&C program to bulk up, IMHO. But he will probably be a solid DT in the rotation in due time.

One thing I like about Quay is his explosiveness and leverage. I saw him play twice this yr and he is very explosive off the ball.

One thing I like about Quay is his explosiveness and leverage. I saw him play twice this yr and he is very explosive off the ball.

paging barney fife, in your expert opinion. Is risetothetop, giving an accurate assessment of Quay's talent? Please, use your vast knowledge to educate us lowly, unimportant posters.

:bow2:

"A lot of people talk about the family environment, but it's really a feeling of home," Picou said. "Knoxville is my home. I don't like leave home a lot but when I head up there it's like I'm heading home."

"Everything was great. Obviously, chilling with the guys and being able to relax with your future teammates was great," Picou said. "And honestly, we got to know the coaches a little bit more. I spent time with about all of them. Coach (Steve Stripling) and I went and talked about the defensive line and went in a meeting. We went over some film and talked about the key things to pay attention to and what defensive linemen want to accomplish.

"I hung out with coach (Tommy) Thigpen and got some laughs in and (Sunday) we went to coach (Butch) Jones' house for breakfast and that was really cool, being able to hang out with him."

"I highly recommend it to any person. I would tell them all. I would tell all the future recruits," Picou said, "'Take all of your visits that you need to take and then head over to Rocky Top and I guarantee that will square you up real quick.'"

"Coach Strip sees me as a three technique," Picou explained. "We did some film work and some chalk talk and talked about taking on double teams and ball skills and mirroring the ball and all the good stuff like that."

"It's really cool. There's not really that one guy that sticks out with a big head," Picou said. "We're all pretty even-keeled. We all hung out and went out and had a blast. Me, Kyle, Shy, Kahlil, all of us, all the d-line brothers. It was a blast."
-VQ.

Reactions: 22 people
We have some great recruiters and coaches but Stripling is often overlooked. That dude is a straight up no nonsense beast.

Reactions: 1 person
We have some great recruiters and coaches but Stripling is often overlooked. That dude is a straight up no nonsense beast.

Strip and Elder both are severely underrated.

Coach G can be thrown into that as well, although he does get some love on here

VN Store

Back