'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

But sources have indicated that Picou has at least a little bit of work to do in order to get everything checked out and cleared for his enrollment. Now, don’t get nervous about Picou’s situation just yet. We don’t get the sense that Tennessee is overly concerned about his situation, but when you hear that someone has some work to do, that usually indicates things aren’t a slam dunk — although is anything ever a slam dunk with the NCAA?
Rucker

Hope the young man get is priorities straight and gets the grades in order. I hate seeing youngsters miss an opportunity to further their education and possibly play football at a higher level.

Man how things have changed. Recently he would have been viewed as an essential DT recruit. Now with KMac and Tuttle in the house, a 4* QP is viewed more of luxury that everyone really wants but there won't be a VN meltdown if he doesn't make it in.

Definately still want!

Yeah, I think we really need some more numbers at DT to build depth for the future. We signed 3 HS DTs in 2014, and none of them are playing DT for us now (Robertson and Mosely to O-Line and Sawyers out completely).

Reactions: 1 person
next yr we will have obrien, vickers, picou, tuttle, and kmac. They want to find a JUCO DT as well. They will prob find a high school DT to sign also. We should be alright next yr.

next yr we will have obrien, vickers, picou, tuttle, and kmac. They want to find a JUCO DT as well. They will prob find a high school DT to sign also. We should be alright next yr.

Why? If they can get a stud then sure. But I don't think they'll need immediate help at DT.

thats what they are doing. JUCO DT Alexis Johnson is a big time target for them. The kid is a beast though.

Why? If they can get a stud then sure. But I don't think they'll need immediate help at DT.

Taking a juco would help spread our guys out over different classes. In 2016, assuming no major injuries or attrition (NOT a safe assumption), our returning DTs would be:

1 senior: O'Brien
1 junior: Vickers
2 sophomores: Tuttle and McKenzie
1 RFr (I'm assuming): Picou

That's a group with outstanding potential, but it doesn't leave much wiggle room when the inevitable injuries/attrition do happen. I think it makes sense to take 2 HS DTs and one juco in this class.

Also, I really hope Picou gets cleared and does well.

Yeah, I think we really need some more numbers at DT to build depth for the future. We signed 3 HS DTs in 2014, and none of them are playing DT for us now (Robertson and Mosely to O-Line and Sawyers out completely).

Big Charles was DT all spring. He very well might just stay there, just needs to work on getting the weight down and improving his stamina. Also needs work on his explosion and leverage.

Big Charles was DT all spring. He very well might just stay there, just needs to work on getting the weight down and improving his stamina. Also needs work on his explosion and leverage.

Was moved to offense I thought?

Taking a juco would help spread our guys out over different classes. In 2016, assuming no major injuries or attrition (NOT a safe assumption), our returning DTs would be:

1 senior: O'Brien
1 junior: Vickers
2 sophomores: Tuttle and McKenzie
1 RFr (I'm assuming): Picou

That's a group with outstanding potential, but it doesn't leave much wiggle room when the inevitable injuries/attrition do happen. I think it makes sense to take 2 HS DTs and one juco in this class.

Also, I really hope Picou gets cleared and does well.

Owen Williams is also a RS SR and he gave us some quality reps last year and should do so again in '15.

Typical 247 coverage there. Rucker and Callahan really know how to cover their rear end.

"This may happen. It may not. But it definitely could but you never know. High unlikely but also likely at the same time."

They should be meteorologist.

Safe to say Quay will suit up this fall. Hopefully he can RS and put on some weight. I think he'll be here though.

Has anyone ever heard Picou interviewed? He seems like a very well spoken, bright, not to mention, likable man to me. I would be flabbergasted if he struggled with his grades.

"Quay Picou needs to have an extremely productive academic summer in order to make it to Tennessee. Uphill climb for the Buford (Ga.) High School state champion."

Danny Parker - Scout

"Quay Picou needs to have an extremely productive academic summer in order to make it to Tennessee. Uphill climb for the Buford (Ga.) High School state champion."

Danny Parker - Scout

I hope Quay can make it in. Probably needs to redshirt this year anyway but still would rather have him in Knoxville.

Last edited:

Danny Parker - Scout

Might this be why we turned up our pursuit of JuCo DT Alexis Johnson? Or is he just a beaster in his own right?

VN Store

Back