'15 GA DT Quay Picou (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Vols4us, Jabo still at temple and getting any time on the field?

Jabo had knee surgery and redshirted in 2013 then tore his ACL again in 2014 preseason practice and missed the entire season. Dude has had a tough go of it.

Certainly hope this guy makes it in. I have to assume coaches felt good about it asking Ford and Bussey to blue shirt (iirc).

Hyamms just reported that he is finishing some summer work & that everything looks great for him to enroll in august

Reactions: 13 people
Not to doubt the great Jimmy but everything Im hearing is the exact opposite. That he has plenty of work to do.

Fwiw I dont expect him to make it in.

GFW and Hyams saying hes gonna be in. Notorious saying he has plenty of work to do and he doesnt think he makes it. Im confused.

Not to doubt the great Jimmy but everything Im hearing is the exact opposite. That he has plenty of work to do.

Fwiw I dont expect him to make it in.

jimmies-rustled-gif.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Per Danny Parker of Scout:

Quay Picou needs to have a fantastic summer academically to make it to Tennessee.

InsideTennessee managing editor/recruiting analyst

GFW and Hyams saying hes gonna be in. Notorious saying he has plenty of work to do and he doesnt think he makes it. Im confused.

It's pretty rare for kids to catch up in the summer unless it's only for a class or two. Then there is the hoopla of getting cleared by the NCAA. I'd be surprised if he makes it in at this point. If he does it will be by the skin of his teeth.

It's pretty rare for kids to catch up in the summer unless it's only for a class or two. Then there is the hoopla of getting cleared by the NCAA. I'd be surprised if he makes it in at this point. If he does it will be by the skin of his teeth.

I agree with your point about the NCAA Clearinghouse scrutiny taking a lot of time in these close calls. It is very unlikely that Picou plays in 2015 even if the minimum numbers are met. However, I would say that being a former newspaper reporter who was bound by the principles of journalism (unlike most recruiting analysts) that Hyams' info is usually solid. He is often ridiculed on VN for being slow but that is generally because his sources have been checked and their information verified. He doesn't run with rumors.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back