'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Maryland has more ESPN 300 commits than we do.....MARYLAND! Let that sink in folks...

Let's revisit this bullet point when 3 of those players are in junior college and not suiting up for Maryland. Besides, why use ESPN instead of Rivals or 247? Doesn't go along with your spastic rants?

Reactions: 3 people
There's nothing fair weather about stating the truth. This is a below average class for Tennessee or any SEC school outside of maybe Miss. State, Vandy and Kentucky. We're still one of the winningest programs in college football, we have top 5 resources and facilities, and an amazing football town atmosphere.

People are pissed because we squandered a bid at the East because we lost to 2 bottom feeder teams like South Carolina and Vandy. People are pissed because we lost a lot of talent and really needed a strong close to recruiting in 2017.

And who cares if Butch landed back to back top 10 classes in 2014 and 2015, it didn't translate to him winning big in 2016 so what makes you think that's going to change with a below average class in 2017?

I'm over being called fair weather because I demand better than mediocre for Tennessee. Will I support these kids who just signed up to strap on that power T and wear the big orange? Hell yeah! But I want to see Tennessee win again, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Fairweather administration, feather weather coaching, fair weather development....and ppl get mad at the fans for being dissatisfied. "Fair weather fans" are created by what I just mentioned above. Fans spend $ on the fair weather ran program.

It doesn't mean we want to go cheer for someone else. Heck we have made it this far. We want to be great again. Enough with the falling short and the excuses!

Yall are funny thinking we get Ray over bama. Lolz. When was the last time we beat bama head to head for a 5 star player they actually wanted that wasnt from the state of Tennessee or a legacy?

Hate to say I told you so. BTW... this revelation required no insiderz status or fancy algorithms. It was common sense once all factors were taken into consideration. Those of you who thought we would pull this one off simply had too much confidence in a coach who appears to have peaked from a recruiting standpoint.

I wish this kid the best. :hi:

He's never beaten WILL EFFING MUSCHAMP.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

Poor coaching decisions when Chump was at Florida. This past year, his QB had been up until 2 a.m. multiple nights in a row working on a project, his starting RB quit on him at halftime, and he was missing about most of his starting DL, LBs, and DBs. You try and win under those circumstances.

Reactions: 5 people
You're saying we should never recruit a player Alabama wants? Goodbye Trey Smith.

Didn't know smith lived in Alabama. As for asking vs expectations, apples vs oranges. Ask away but folks shouldn't get into a tizzy when the answer is no. Hope for the best but expect the worst when you recruit vs Alabama for a 5 star Alabama kid. Gotta have something to offer. UT isn't the hot choice anymore. Gotta win something to stir the juices. So far, not seeing much in the way of a recruiting carrot coming from butch and the boys.

Reactions: 2 people
1 of those losses to Vandy was against a loaded Franklin with the cupboard bare of talent in Butch's first season. First Florida loss was bad, and we were winning until we had no answer for Treon Harris. Second Florida loss was fluke blown coverage in the secondary. Did you forget our great QB had one of his worst games ever in our loss to SCAR?

year 1: young, inexperienced,bare cupboard
year 2: young and inexperienced
year 3: young and inexperienced
year 4: injuries
year 5: (i will help you all here) we are replacing Dobbs/Kamara/Sutton?JRM/Barnett

At what point does the HC start to get any blame here.

Reactions: 5 people
Poor coaching decisions when Chump was at Florida. This past year, his QB had been up until 2 a.m. multiple nights in a row working on a project, his starting RB quit on him at halftime, and he was missing about most of his starting DL, LBs, and DBs. You try and win under those circumstances.

Yeah, I suppose none of the other 130 teams in FBS have players who have to go to school or get injured.
Only UT.

Hate to say I told you so. BTW... this revelation required no insiderz status or fancy algorithms. It was common sense once all factors were taken into consideration. Those of you who thought we would pull this one off simply had too much confidence in a coach who appears to have peaked from a recruiting standpoint.

I wish this kid the best. :hi:

Trolling and suggesting we are never going to get anyone doesn't qualify you as a prognosticator or even someone that's ahead of the curve. Bumping a quote looking for internet cred is a desperate cry for help. Log off and go receive that help.

So... This year negates the past couple of years when he closed big. SMH. Some of y'all are some fair weather fans I tell you that. I'm glad some of y'all aren't my parents. Get all A's and B's for years straight and then come home with a couple of C's and you're ready to kick me out of the house.
I will say....I'd have more grace for my kid.

Here is another analogy. Say your significant other exposes problems in your relationship. Do you shut em down and call em a nega partner?

Fairweather administration, feather weather coaching, fair weather development....and ppl get mad at the fans for being dissatisfied. "Fair weather fans" are created by what I just mentioned above. Fans spend $ on the fair weather ran program.

It doesn't mean we want to go cheer for someone else. Heck we have made it this far. We want to be great again. Enough with the falling short and the excuses!

Is 9-4 better than 5-7? It isn't where we should be but it is better than where we were. Now the task is to take another step forward. We can't do it and the moaning won't help. Take it elsewhere.

Reactions: 4 people

After our program was on the verge of death and couldn't even make the postseason, we all said we would never take any amount of success for granted again. Butch quickly gets us back to bowls and back-to-back nine win seasons. We are back to being a perennial top-25 team, but we should fire him immediately.

Why try and let a coach that has worked so hard to get us back to some semblance of relevance get better when we can just reset with some new coach?

Dabo was known for "Clemsoning". He was a laughing stock. He learned on the job and now has a title ring on his finger. How about we give Butch a little time as well?

Reactions: 9 people
I will say....I'd have more grace for my kid.

Here is another analogy. Say your significant other exposes problems in your relationship. Do you shut em down and call em a nega partner?

I know what my kids are capable of. I know that they have a bad day or week from time to time. I never berate them when they slip up on their grades. I'd say I give my kids plenty of grace. Now in other areas I am probably deficient but I don't put unlofty expectations for them to be perfect. They generally bring home top marks too.

As to your other analogy, no. I would acknowledge her feelings and work towards fixing the problems. Constantly bringing up a persons flaw or shortcomings is only a recipe for resentment though so once it is acknowledged it is best to give them time to fix it. If you constantly b**** at them about it they are only going to get frustrated with you. Much like Butch appeared to get frustrated with us this past year because we couldn't stop b****ing about him needing to fix the team. Thanks for proving my point.

Reactions: 2 people
year 1: young, inexperienced,bare cupboard
year 2: young and inexperienced
year 3: young and inexperienced
year 4: injuries
year 5: (i will help you all here) we are replacing Dobbs/Kamara/Sutton?JRM/Barnett

At what point does the HC start to get any blame here.
We still went 9-4 the past two seasons even with those facts. When does he get credit? Are those two losses all you see?

There'd be nobody left but Bruin. He would only still be here because he would be to stubborn to admit that he has been wrong before.

Or he'd just take it back...like he did after his "farewell letter ". :)

Reactions: 1 person
We still went 9-4 the past two seasons even with those facts. When does he get credit? Are those two losses all you see?

Those 2 losses are basically the last things that happened this season. This class is average in the SEC, he can't win the east with top 10 classes what is he going to do with this one?

VN Store

Back