'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Those 2 losses are basically the last things that happened this season. This class is average in the SEC, he can't win the east with top 10 classes what is he going to do with this one?
I genuinely believe we win one or two games more last year with a fully healthy JRM, Kirkland, and Sutton all season. Some of the younger guys just weren't ready and it showed. We were throwing 5* edge rusher DEs in at DT... Context is everything. I don't think Butch was fully in control of his destiny with the cards he got dealt. Vandy loss was killer and a bad game by both the coaches and players. But the fact still remains that Butch hasn't been given a full deck for the entire season yet. Criticism is sometimes warranted... but judgment isn't yet.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't know smith lived in Alabama. As for asking vs expectations, apples vs oranges. Ask away but folks shouldn't get into a tizzy when the answer is no. Hope for the best but expect the worst when you recruit vs Alabama for a 5 star Alabama kid. Gotta have something to offer. UT isn't the hot choice anymore. Gotta win something to stir the juices. So far, not seeing much in the way of a recruiting carrot coming from butch and the boys.

nailed it.

Trolling and suggesting we are never going to get anyone doesn't qualify you as a prognosticator or even someone that's ahead of the curve. Bumping a quote looking for internet cred is a desperate cry for help. Log off and go receive that help.

Looking for internet cred by suggesting my opinion was based on common sense and nothing more? I'm the worst e-cred whore on the planet then.

Is 9-4 better than 5-7? It isn't where we should be but it is better than where we were. Now the task is to take another step forward. We can't do it and the moaning won't help. Take it elsewhere.

9-4 is better. But I don't measure the programs standard to Dooley. IMO the record should have been better last 3 seasons, espicially last 2. you either have faith that 9-4 will get better or it won't. And many have lost/ losing faith that CBJ cant get us back to 90s. UT is setting at a mediocre spot and everyone doesn't have the same opinions or vision of the program. And ppl have their reasons why it will get better or it won't. UT has a passionate fanbase and this shouldn't be no suprise to anyone

9-4 is better. But I don't measure the programs standard to Dooley. IMO the record should have been better last 3 seasons, espicially last 2. you either have faith that 9-4 will get better or it won't. And many have lost/ losing faith that CBJ cant get us back to 90s. UT is setting at a mediocre spot and everyone doesn't have the same opinions or vision of the program. And ppl have their reasons why it will get better or it won't. UT has a passionate fanbase and this shouldn't be no suprise to anyone

So it is a surprise?

Reactions: 2 people

Understood. I choose to be positive and look to the future and see the opportunities for success. That is why I choose to post in the RF. Recruiting is about the future and the phrase "There is always next year." Until recently most in the RF have shared this belief. It is okay to be disappointed with the season. It should have gone better. However, now we have a chance to get better with a new team and some new players. Let's stop moaning about what could have been and look to what might be. If not, the FF may be where you want to go hang out. They are more focused on commiserating about last season and how Butch will never get it done. I am not blind to Butch's failings but I hope that he can improve and over come them. He has already proven it to some extent by hiring Robert Gillespie, hiring Larry Scott last year, promoting Larry Scott this year, hiring Rock, getting Shoop, improving Shoop's staff, and just overall returning this program to being able to have lofty expectations.

Reactions: 3 people
I know what my kids are capable of. I know that they have a bad day or week from time to time. I never berate them when they slip up on their grades. I'd say I give my kids plenty of grace. Now in other areas I am probably deficient but I don't put unlofty expectations for them to be perfect. They generally bring home top marks too.

As to your other analogy, no. I would acknowledge her feelings and work towards fixing the problems. Constantly bringing up a persons flaw or shortcomings is only a recipe for resentment though so once it is acknowledged it is best to give them time to fix it. If you constantly b**** at them about it they are only going to get frustrated with you. Much like Butch appeared to get frustrated with us this past year because we couldn't stop b****ing about him needing to fix the team. Thanks for proving my point.
Fans spent $ and time and was displeased when he failed them again to basically make it to ATL. Then SC happened after a 2 wk break. Fans were upset and saw another chance with the Sugar bowl...which fans would have been more graceful of accepting. Then a 5-6 Vandy team piled drove that tail. But but injuries. But a injured FL went down to LSU and got the job done. And with a healthy roster we got lucky we beat APPY. Ppl are still upset. Passionate fanbase.

Understood. I choose to be positive and look to the future and see the opportunities for success. That is why I choose to post in the RF. Recruiting is about the future and the phrase "There is always next year." Until recently most in the RF have shared this belief. It is okay to be disappointed with the season. It should have gone better. However, now we have a chance to get better with a new team and some new players. Let's stop moaning about what could have been and look to what might be. If not, the FF may be where you want to go hang out. They are more focused on commiserating about last season and how Butch will never get it done. I am not blind to Butch's failings but I hope that he can improve and over come them. He has already proven it to some extent by hiring Robert Gillespie, hiring Larry Scott last year, promoting Larry Scott this year, hiring Rock, getting Shoop, improving Shoop's staff, and just overall returning this program to being able to have lofty expectations.

Respect!

By far, the most disappointing part of this whole recruiting season is that Ray picking Bama means that BigOrangeVols will not have to ban himself from the board.

Reactions: 4 people

All I read was blah blah blah :)

People said they would pull for this kid with so much class regardless of where he went. HECK NO! He choose a team I hate the most. I want him to be a bust because I want every dang one of them bammer buttholes to be a bust. I want those cheating and lying fart blossoms to pass gas and and roll tide over and die. Screw Ray and everything bama.

Reactions: 1 person

Perfect summary of my feelings as well. Great post, glitch. :good!:

This!

After our program was on the verge of death and couldn't even make the postseason, we all said we would never take any amount of success for granted again. Butch quickly gets us back to bowls and back-to-back nine win seasons. We are back to being a perennial top-25 team, but we should fire him immediately.

Why try and let a coach that has worked so hard to get us back to some semblance of relevance get better when we can just reset with some new coach?

Dabo was known for "Clemsoning". He was a laughing stock. He learned on the job and now has a title ring on his finger. How about we give Butch a little time as well?

How many more years do you give him?

Wow, you have pointed out the issue.. Please expound on coaching feather weather...:eek:lol:

I don't have time to get into all the ones imo

But telling your 240 beastly RB to get to the sideline and trotting your skinny FG kicker out to kick....with the ball on the 6 inch line. Just made a huge play on defense at home....crowd is rowdy and the energy level could have sent a rocket to the moon. And the decision to kick a FG. Seems like yesterday. I sensed that sent a message to the team and the fans. Fair weather decision imo

VN Store

Back