'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

I expect the standard response after his Bama visit. I had a great visit, I loved the coaches, etc. It seems to be what practically every recruit says after an OV, unless, of course, they commit.

I expect the standard response after his Bama visit. I had a great visit, I loved the coaches, etc. It seems to be what practically every recruit says after an OV, unless, of course, they commit.

We should be encouraged if he doesn't go ahead and commit to them right after the visit. There's nothing from stopping him from making it public except for the indecision between the two schools. If we can make it until Butch's in home then we have a puncher's chance.

Reactions: 1 person
Truth. I was just pointing out a recruit rarely says, "It was a horrible visit? What was I thinking?"

What a waste of resources recruiting this kid. A 5 star from Alabama with an offer from Alabama? Hahahahha

It is a near certainty he goes to Bama, but UT had to keep trying. He's the kind that you recruit until the bitter end, but anticipate him not being part of the class. Keep recruiting his position, but if the kid wants to come, you clear a spot for him one way or the other. Aim high and if we miss, so be it. Gotta try.

I think we often underestimate the number of recuits that DO NOT want to play for Nick Saban. The guy is a grade-A jerk. I get the "NFL" argument, but other coaches can get you to the NFL as well.

I wouldn't count Butch out on this one.

Reactions: 5 people
These posts are hilarious. He hasn't decided yet. He posts a picture from his visit so it's over. You realize how many commitments we would have the last 4 years if every recruit who posted a picture during his visits actually ended up at UT. Now, obviously the odds are not in our favor but we have lots of posters with premature issues. Y'all must be why these men's clinics are making so much money these days.

I think it's hilarious that people complain daily about our 3 star commits but when we recruit 5 stars it's a waste of resources?

And when we release 3* players to get higher rated players, it's a classless move by Butch. But it's ok for the other coaches to do it. Lol

What a waste of resources recruiting this kid. A 5 star from Alabama with an offer from Alabama? Hahahahha

I think you were joking but just in case some think it was a waste of resources he lives within close to the state and he has shown a lot of interest in the Vols so why would you not pursue him as hard as you can. It's funny how some want you to recruit and go after 5 stars and then can't understand why you kept after a prospect in another state on rivals grounds. Big boy recruiting requires going into tough recruiting ground sometimes. GBO!!!!!!!

Odd shade of orange and Tennessee is spelled wrong on the floor.

attachment.php

Reactions: 2 people
I believe there are some, but I don't think folks like you and Butchy understand the bitter disappointment that some of us feel when we he undue hopes crushed. I have had it happen so many times as a Vol fan, I just can't take it anymore. You have no idea how bad I want Ray to be a Vol, but I realize the chances of that happening are almost zilch, so I don't see the point in heaping more bitterness on my Orange soul.

Sab, is that you?

Reactions: 3 people
I believe there are some, but I don't think folks like you and Butchy understand the bitter disappointment that some of us feel when we he undue hopes crushed. I have had it happen so many times as a Vol fan, I just can't take it anymore. You have no idea how bad I want Ray to be a Vol, but I realize the chances of that happening are almost zilch, so I don't see the point in heaping more bitterness on my Orange soul.

Yeah there is a lot of immaturity among VN members.

Every recruit that visits UT takes a pic with a UT jersey. How many went elsewhere or didn't sign? Ray takes a pic in a Bama jersey and theres whoa me and gnashing of teeth.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we often underestimate the number of recuits that DO NOT want to play for Nick Saban. The guy is a grade-A jerk. I get the "NFL" argument, but other coaches can get you to the NFL as well.

I wouldn't count Butch out on this one.

This. It's a mini NFL franchise. It's purely business. Does it work? Sure. Is it for everybody? Absolutely not. If you really want a college experience, I would not go to Bama.

VN Store

Back