'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Who was the last, big contributor we got as a recruit from the state of Bubba's for our football team?

So, what I'm seeing here is a couple of guys from the great state of Bubba that came to UT and contributed to the success of our football team in the 1990's and early 2000 years.

Nobody else in almost 20 years??

Wow. I've got no real insight here but that trend doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

We don't pay enough $$ ca$h money, homey!!

“they played ok,” said ray, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 45 overall prospect and no. 3 strongside defensive end in the 247sports composite for the 2017 class. “it was just that they’ve got a lot of injuries, and that was what caused them to lose like that, so i can understand that. And, after that, (i enjoyed) just getting to talk to everybody, including coach (butch) jones. It was a pretty good visit. … i’m still very high on them, so it really didn’t change that or nothing.”

“i like everybody on the coaching staff,” he said. “i like the scene there. Every time i go down there, it’s real good. And just the people down there, they seem very genuine. The coaches, they’re very genuine. They love the players and they respect them, and the way they treat them is good, and they really care about them. They also play great football, and that’s important.”

“i didn’t really know until, like, a couple weeks ago that was a real big rivalry,” he said. “(i liked) just seeing everything and seeing the tradition and the fans and all that. I mean, i kind of noticed that when i went to the game against florida, but it felt like it was even more (saturday).”

“they were just saying that they like me and how they could use me and what type of things i could do for them, and the type of player i could be and develop into,” he said. “i got to talk to most of the coaching staff. It was good.”

he said he plans to take all five of his official visits in december and january, and alabama, tennessee, florida and ole miss currently are in position to get four of his visits.

“i’ve just now got to decide on that fifth one,” ray said.

Reactions: 6 people
Alabama is the favorite here. He lives in Alabama, grew up watching them and Alabama has him as a priority on their board. Hard to see him getting out of the state of Alabama.

-Hubbs

rr.gif

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back