'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

The verdict: “Alabama is the pick for me and has been for a long time. I think it would be a big surprise if he chose anyplace else because of the relationships he has with the Bama staff and players on the team. And Nick Saban doesn't lose in-state players he covets very often and the Tide really want this kid.” – Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director

Sooo basically exactly what I said. Yall trying to burn me at the stake because I'm serving logic casserole with a side of reality. Doesn't take an insider to see the writing on the wall with this one. Outside of a miracle, this one's done. But i suppose anything is possible (just in case.... ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The verdict: “Alabama is the pick for me and has been for a long time. I think it would be a big surprise if he chose anyplace else because of the relationships he has with the Bama staff and players on the team. And Nick Saban doesn't lose in-state players he covets very often and the Tide really want this kid.” – Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director[i/]

Sooo basically exactly what I said. Yall trying to burn me at the stake because I'm serving logic casserole with a side of reality. Doesn't take an insider to see the writing on the wall with this one. Outside of a miracle, this one's done. But i suppose anything is possible (just in case.... ;) )

Trying to apply logic to high schoolers and their decisions is not a rewarding endeavor

The verdict: “Alabama is the pick for me and has been for a long time. I think it would be a big surprise if he chose anyplace else because of the relationships he has with the Bama staff and players on the team. And Nick Saban doesn't lose in-state players he covets very often and the Tide really want this kid.” – Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director[i/]

So this one is done because Saban wants him and he's instate? Oh you're right how could we be so ignorant to such great logic. Give me a break

I think everyone knows Alabama is a real threat for Ray, but excuse me if I say I think Tennessee is more in play than folks think. I think Tennessee has a real shot, Wells has known the family for years and he likes UT and the players there just like he does at bama. Can't wait to see how it shakes out, I feel good about our chances. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I feel the same way. I was optimistic about Akers, trying not to get too excited here, but dang there really does seem to be a lot of smoke

I went along with the akers stuff, I was hopeful but not as much confident as I was just hoping since we already had a good RB in Chandler in the fold. I feel like no matter how it shakes that Ray is a very real possibility. I think Tennessee is cautiously very optimistic. With Akers we kind of lost steam in the last week before his announcement, I feel like we are gaining steam this time around.GBO!!!!

It amazes me how many people do not understand that we all agree it'll be hard to pull Ray from Alabama, but we're being optimistic because there's a lot of smoke around Tennessee. Normally I'd agree that Saban does not lose who he wants, however, Ray has developed some very strong relationships with our coaches and players. That could be a very serious influence more so than the random recruit deciding between Alabama and Tennessee.

I also get a feeling that Ray might not want to follow the trend and simply pick Alabama. I believe he wants to do something different. He wants to make a statement and build his own legacy. I think he is seriously considering what Tennessee has to offer him.

Reactions: 6 people
This has that familiar D. Brown feel to it.... Everyone with high hopes and then dashed on NSD. I'll say it again, coming in 2nd sucks....

Reactions: 4 people
This has that familiar D. Brown feel to it.... Everyone with high hopes and then dashed on NSD. I'll say it again, coming in 2nd sucks....

Except we had a cryptic tweet and some insiders saying something happened by this point so I disagree with the Brown feel. I think it has more of a Kongbo feel.

👀👀👀

Elaborate?

Coaches are really confident they pull this one. Ray has really bonded with the staff and alot of the players. He is really tight with Trey Smith and Will Ignont. I would go out to say we lead here going into NSD. Also give Trey and Will the assist because they have not stopped recruiting this kid.

Reactions: 13 people
Coaches are really confident they pull this one. Ray has really bonded with the staff and alot of the players. He is really tight with Trey Smith and Will Ignont. I would go out to say we lead here going into NSD. Also give Trey and Will the assist because they have not stopped recruiting this kid.

Is it happening Indiana?!

Would be the most Butch Jones thing ever to close with Ray and make this recruiting class ultra-enigmatic. I can just see the arguments now.

"This class has more than 20 3 stars! It's subpar!"

"Yeah but two top 15 recruits and 4 top 100 ones. We beat out Bama for two kids at the top of their board, one from Alabama. AND we held off a push from FSU for Gray"

"Well...um...we've got a lot of borderline guys and Tee Higgins is at Clemson!"

"Dude. Trey. Smith....Labryan. Ray...Ty. Chandler...Maleik. Gray. 'Nuff said."

Wash, rinse, repeat until spring ball starts. Then fire back up until around mid June when we're all dying for reports of newcomers at summer workouts. Bring it back sporadically whenever we land an early commit (highly or lowly rated).

Reactions: 22 people

VN Store

Back