'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Interview with his coach...

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-recruiting-labryan-ray-tennessee

“He’s not leaning anywhere,” Waldrop told SEC Country. “There are people writing that he’s a heavy lean here or there. I can tell you right now and I would tell God and everybody that he has zero clue where he’s going. He does not know. All these people writing all this stuff about Alabama is the furthest thing from the truth.”

Waldrop said Tennessee is firmly entrenched near the top of his list, too. That holds true to what Ray has said all along. He can see himself playing for the Volunteers because of the strong relationships he’s established with the staff. Waldrop said it seems as if Tennessee’s entire staff is recruiting Ray to join its program.

Waldrop said Ray’s decision will come down to either Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi State or Ole Miss — his top 5 schools.

“It is going to be one of his last five,” Waldrop said. “I would not be surprised if it is Tennessee. It just would not surprise me because of the relationship there. It is crazy how hard the coaches on that staff want him for their team.”

Reactions: 15 people
I've said all along Tennessee is in it more than some think. With that being said, it will still be hard to get him out of that state with Alabama essentially thinking he's the best DE in the country. But, he does like the Vols a good bit and has been here plenty of times.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 7 people
This would be huge. Does anyone know if he has set a decision date yet? I can see this one coming down to the wire.

We got a easy playing time sell at DE. It is wide open for a stud freshman to come in and takeover.

Last two DEs for a Shoop defense was a walk on turned National Def play of the year and eventually 3rd rd pick and now Barnett who just tied Reggie w
whites record, led SEC in sacks and likely top 15 pick.

Should be our easiest position to recruit outside of maybe RB. Like others have said, come be our next Barnett

VN Store

Back