'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Need to get tidal surge in here. Didn't he say his son was his coach?
Yep. My son coaches DL at JCHS. LaBryan isn't tipping his hand.

I figured I'd get a true inside scoop for once...But NO!!! Instead, LaBryan is the most secretive recruit of all time. :banghead2:

I saw somewhere that he's gonna let coaches know the night before he announces. I think when he does that he'll also ask them not to leak it. So, this may be one where no word gets out before he announces.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Yep. My son coaches DL at JCHS. LaBryan isn't tipping his hand.

I figured I'd get a true inside scoop for once...LOL...But no! Instead, LaBryan is the most secretive recruit of all time. :banghead2:

I saw somewhere that he's gonna let coaches know the night before he announces. I think when he does that he'll also ask them not to leak it. So, this may be one where no word gets out before he announces.

I truly don't believe there are that many TN fans (if any) that believe Ray will be a Vol come Wednesday. I do however believe that there are many TN fans that hope he will be. The fact that we are two days away from NSD and no one knows what he is doing lends to that hope. The fact that people close to him are saying (even though they don't know themselves) to not count us out lends to that hope. The fact that Ray himself has said nothing lends to that hope. The fact that TN, two days before NSD is still in it for Alabama's #1 recruit lends to that hope.

Butch and staff have done everything they possibly can to make this happen IMO. If it doesn't...I'll be disappointed, but hot damn, it was sure a good push. As a recruiting junkie, it has been fun to follow.

Kudos to Mr. Ray for a job well done in his recruitment. Kudos to you as well Tidal Surge for being a classy poster, even when some on here have not been with you. You've been around long enough to know we like to eat our own though, so I guess you've prepared well for it. :hi:

Reactions: 6 people
This feels a lot like Cam Akers imo

Very well could be. I think Cam Akers really liked TN too. Another hump we have to get over. Being the "he liked too" University. I really believe that is the case with a lot of the recruits we miss out on. They really do like TN.....but.....

We'll get back there. Either with this coach (my hopes), or the next.

Reactions: 1 person
If Ray comes to UT, it would arguably be the biggest surprise/get of the Butch Jones era. He's been a Bama lock for a while. I agree with the people saying all this "don't count out UT" stuff are just trying to build drama. He'll be in the Crimson and white. I hate it, but it's probably what's happening.

troll-blu-ray-movie-review-530x288.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I truly don't believe there are that many TN fans (if any) that believe Ray will be a Vol come Wednesday. I do however believe that there are many TN fans that hope he will be. The fact that we are two days away from NSD and no one knows what he is doing lends to that hope. The fact that people close to him are saying (even though they don't know themselves) to not count us out lends to that hope. The fact that Ray himself has said nothing lends to that hope. The fact that TN, two days before NSD is still in it for Alabama's #1 recruit lends to that hope.

Butch and staff have done everything they possibly can to make this happen IMO. If it doesn't...I'll be disappointed, but hot damn, it was sure a good push. As a recruiting junkie, it has been fun to follow.

Kudos to Mr. Ray for a job well done in his recruitment. Kudos to you as well Tidal Surge for being a classy poster, even when some on here have not been with you. You've been around long enough to know we like to eat our own though, so I guess you've prepared well for it. :hi:

Yes, Tidal Surge is extremely classy poster. In fact, my favorite poster from any non-UT fan, and a fave over most UT fans that post here.

BB, I really believe LaBryan"The Lion" Ray will choose UT on NSD. Why? Maybe, I am just a hopeless optimist. Never thought we would get Akers, tho. Of course, I still have a little hope, we will flip Higgins.

Whatever happens, I wish Ray the best. He reminds me of Carl Lawson, classy, and the only Bama player I will root for in this or any class, if he goes there

Reactions: 3 people
I was trying to remember the player they had who admitted he couldn't even sign his name. I was thinking it was a running back but wasn't sure.

I can't recall his name either but I got his rookie card. I believe he rushed for _ _. _ YPG that year. Good kid.

Attachments

• holding_a_blank_card_hd_picture_2_168000.jpg
    holding_a_blank_card_hd_picture_2_168000.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
Very well could be. I think Cam Akers really liked TN too. Another hump we have to get over. Being the "he liked too" University. I really believe that is the case with a lot of the recruits we miss out on. They really do like TN.....but.....

We'll get back there. Either with this coach (my hopes), or the next.

Yeah. The friend zone sucks ***.

3e45cae84d0013bda76e61103942bcce.gif

Reactions: 4 people

I believe
I do
I do
I do
I do

(Please read in the voice of the Lion from the Wizard of Oz)

:)

— With Conliffe and Sterling likely headed elsewhere, all eyes will be on five-star defensive lineman LaBryan Ray of Madison, Ala., who’s planning to announce his decision Wednesday at approximately 12:40 p.m. Eastern time during a ceremony at his school. Ray officially will be choosing between Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee, but the Crimson Tide, Gators and Vols are believed to be the main contenders.

The battle for Ray has appeared for months to be primarily between Alabama and Tennessee, and there still seems to be at least a bit of cautious optimism on the Vols’ end leading up to his announcement. They have remained legitimate contenders longer than many expected them to be, and if anyone is capable of pulling off a major upset to land for the No. 1 prospect from Alabama, it’s probably Tennessee. But while sources close to Tennessee aren’t ruling out that possibility, sources elsewhere have been virtually unanimous in pointing to the Crimson Tide as the likely choice.
-Callahan

Reactions: 5 people
I'm starting to think that Ray has been silently committed to Alabama for a while .

Why? Besides being from Alabama and Nick wanting him, what has LR said or done to give anyone any indication of where he is going. He may very well end up and bama but any guess or feeling is simply that. It is just as plausible to say, "I feel that Ray's relationship with CWW and the need UT has on the DL ended up with Ray silently committing to UT on his OV here." See. I have just as much proof as you but I went with the positive spin.

Sorry if I came off as a dick but I am just so tired of the negative. Everyone should try the positive juice. It makes life much more enjoyable.

VN Store

Back