'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

You guys know I'm usually optimistic but I'm not feeling good about this. Unless he truly hasn't made his decision, it seems it would be hard for a kid in the state of alabama to set up a big signing ceremony at his school and then not pick the home state school. Wouldn't there be a lot of backlash?

Think that's being overblown, if he picks bama it's not because he's lives in the state of Alabama IMO

Reactions: 1 person
You guys know I'm usually optimistic but I'm not feeling good about this. Unless he truly hasn't made his decision, it seems it would be hard for a kid in the state of alabama to set up a big signing ceremony at his school and then not pick the home state school. Wouldn't there be a lot of backlash?

I think there's a bunch of kids from his school signing that day, it's not just a ceremony for him, IIRC.

Reactions: 4 people
To be completely honest currently, we are not "Alabama's #1 rival" either. I hope I don't get too much flack for saying that but I think they consider LSU, Clemson, Ole Miss or Auburn their number rival right now.

It would be Auburn 1a and UT 1b..........the amount of hate for UT around here is staggering especially considering how bad they have owned us for a decade.

I think there's a bunch of kids from his school signing that day, it's not just a ceremony for him, IIRC.

Yeah, there's an announcement for what school he's going to choose but signing day is all about all the athletes at the school with offers signing their LOI's. I hope he picks UT just so I can see the disappointment on the Bammer's faces

Reactions: 2 people

Also, don't forget, the Ray family lives very close to the Tennessee border, so there might not be much of a backlash. There are bound to be a good number of UT fans in the area.

It would be Auburn 1a and UT 1b..........the amount of hate for UT around here is staggering especially considering how bad they have owned us for a decade.

We haven't been their biggest competition for sure but you're right.
A hate rivalry goes way past the scoreboard.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, don't forget, the Ray family lives very close to the Tennessee border, so there might not be much of a backlash. There are bound to be a good number of UT fans in the area.

This is the main reason I believe "the #1 player in the state of Alabama" is being overblown.

This is the main reason I believe "the #1 player in the state of Alabama" is being overblown.

So mainly the reason people are saying he is going to Alabama is because he's the top player in the state , and is a major priority for the tide ?

Most of the people I know in Madison aren't actually from Alabama. Its mostly the city where recent transplants end up. Huntsville and a lot of the other cities that isn't true but personally I work with a lot more Auburn fans.

Iirc, JCHS has eight signing at various CFB levels. LaBryan keeping quiet and announcing at the end brings a lot of exposure to his schools FB program. Because of him, some major CFB coaches have visited JCHS, creating relationships with their coaches. It benefits the program, coaches and players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
He's not the one building the drama in this case. It's his HS coach.

But let's also be honest, if you're waiting until NSD to announce your decision, there is a little bit in you that enjoys a little drama.

I wonder if ESPN pays some of these big recruits to wait and announce on NSD, in order to drive up their ratings?

Someone is after Volatil's insider status

ACVol be like:
534277811605fb76be000003.gif

Not at all.... I'm not an insider even a little. It just am fortunate to know a couple of guys through family friends...

Then he like:
Samuel-L-Jackson-Drinking-Sprite-Pulp-Fiction.gif

VN Store

Back