'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

Announced a new top 7. Said it was in no order of Clemson, Georgia, Bama, Auburn,Tennessee, LSU and FSU. Also, he cancelled his July 19th decision date and says it is TBD (Good news for us IMO) the longer this thing draws out the better I feel like.

Reactions: 5 people
Announced a new top 7. Said it was in no order of Clemson, Georgia, Bama, Auburn,Tennessee, LSU and FSU. Also, he cancelled his July 19th decision date and says it is TBD (Good news for us IMO) the longer this thing draws out the better I feel like.

I like the sound of all of that. Get on him butch. Hopefully this is a Kyle Phillips/ Drew Richmond end to this recruitment.

I feel like his recent scrimmage at the practice facility helped us a whole lot.

I agree wholeheartedly. We need UT to have a SEC championship contending season and hopefully contending for the whole thing. I think a lot of these elite players, including the Tennessee guys, are taking a wait and see approach with us this year. We get rolling and the players get on board. We don't and recruiting will be good but not great.

Reactions: 1 person
I know you feel the need to regurgitate Kirby's mission statement...resist. We don't believe his bull and more importantly...don't care. :hi:

My experience has been that all fan bases have a percentage of fans that appreciate factual information on teams they will play during the season. I know I do. Some of the comments made in this thread regarding Mecole and Stevens are not based in fact. For instance, Mecole didn't practice in the spring because he's not on campus yet, and Stevens is being recruited as a safety. My comments about McGraw and Harris are a reference to surveys taken of recruits which asks them what factors are most important to them when choosing a school. "Playing Time" is always towards the top.

My experience has been that all fan bases have a percentage of fans that appreciate factual information on teams they will play during the season. I know I do. Some of the comments made in this thread regarding Mecole and Stevens are not based in fact. For instance, Mecole didn't practice in the spring because he's not on campus yet, and Stevens is being recruited as a safety. My comments about McGraw and Harris are a reference to surveys taken of recruits which asks them what factors are most important to them when choosing a school. "Playing Time" is always towards the top.

Don't mind Butchna, he's a good fellow just don't tell him I said so.

Reactions: 2 people
I think this reconsideration of committment date and recasting his favs/leaders, by Stevens is a hopeful thing for us. S
It's still a up hill pull though; yes. However, he will do better at TN than any other place on his favs list. With his talent, and our known penchant for moving players where they can actually play in the games quickly..... (Juan Jennings, QB 2 WR, Radshad Gaulden., Nickel 2 Safety, and JRM from CB 2 SLB). Also, IMO, his redshirting? Nope........talent like this plays now, if he wants to be a Vol. And too, for what it's worth, if anything.....Stevens, is a in-state talent and known to his folks......we Tennesseans. To UGA, Clemson, Fla St, AL, and the rest; winning Stevens' pledge is a coup, a commitment is a conquest won, he is only a prize.......win him and play him like a dancing chicken..... (see George Strait movie "Pure Country" for explanation of dancing chicken metaphor). With The Big Orange.....we just want you to come home, work hard, and be part of the greatness before going on to success in the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back