'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

I think I remember that Harris actually favored UT but I'm not even sure if we ever offered. I believe he had a few bad camp performances .

Before pledging to UGA ( if that's where he's headed) JaCoby Stevens ought to check with Jackson Harris four * TE out of Columbia, TN, and Rico McGraw 4* CB out of Nashville, both chose UGA, with disdain for us, over the Vols in the class of 15'. Stevens should check with them and ask how things have worked out for them against the Vols so far.

If Jacoby talks to McGraw and Harris he will learn that both played a lot as freshman. Not sure how that helps Tennessee given the fact that recruits always list early playing time as one of the most important factors when looking at schools. Both Harris and McGraw are expected to play an even bigger role this year. Harris is actually one of my favorite players; and he's quickly becoming a fan favorite. Kid is a throwback type football player...big, tough kid, who can block and catch really well. Many of the pundits and beat writers expect him to play a big role in Chaney's offense this season. He was one of the best players on the field in the Spring Game. Great kid with a great attitude.

And McGraw was going wherever Pruitt was going. Except Pruitt left for Bama.

Jacoby is intrigued also by the staff at UGA playing him at DB, WR, and Wildcat QB. He has been told he will start on offense and defense.

He is actually being recruited primarily as a safety by Mel Tucker. Not saying that won't change once he gets on campus as coaches on both sides of the ball typically fight over the better athletes who can play anywhere...but if he decides to play safety, he will probably play early.

He is actually being recruited primarily as a safety by Mel Tucker. Not saying that won't change once he gets on campus as coaches on both sides of the ball typically fight over the better athletes who can play anywhere...but if he decides to play safety, he will probably play early.

He's a Safety.

Ask Mecole Hardman how those promises worked out. He was promised the same thing, yet went through the entire spring as a DB only. Kirby making promises to get you signed, then he does with you what he wanted from the beginning.

Mecole won't be on campus until June 1st. Mecole knows if he wants to play in the NFL one day his best path is most likely at CB. When Georgia missed on WR Robinson, Mecole told Kirby he would be willing to play receiver if they needed him. Most of the pundits believe the staff will install some plays for him on offense because he's so dynamic. I'm always skeptical of how well the talents of some of these highly rated 170 -180 lb wildcat HS QBs translates to college on offense. The tackling in HS is pretty bad. The defensive players in the SEC tackle really well and can dish out some punishment. If he plays some on offense, I hope he puts on some weight..because he's going to need it.

Mecole won't be on campus until June 1st. Mecole knows if he wants to play in the NFL one day his best path is most likely at CB. When Georgia missed on WR Robinson, Mecole told Kirby he would be willing to play receiver if they needed him. Most of the pundits believe the staff will install some plays for him on offense because he's so dynamic. I'm always skeptical of how well the talents of some of these highly rated 170 -180 lb wildcat HS QBs translates to college on offense. The tackling in HS is pretty bad. The defensive players in the SEC tackle really well and can dish out some punishment. If he plays some on offense, I hope he puts on some weight..because he's going to need it.

I know you feel the need to regurgitate Kirby's mission statement...resist. We don't believe his bull and more importantly...don't care. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
If Jacoby talks to McGraw and Harris he will learn that both played a lot as freshman. Not sure how that helps Tennessee given the fact that recruits always list early playing time as one of the most important factors when looking at schools. Both Harris and McGraw are expected to play an even bigger role this year. Harris is actually one of my favorite players; and he's quickly becoming a fan favorite. Kid is a throwback type football player...big, tough kid, who can block and catch really well. Many of the pundits and beat writers expect him to play a big role in Chaney's offense this season. He was one of the best players on the field in the Spring Game. Great kid with a great attitude.

Pretty sure he was implying Jacoby should speak to McGraw and Harris due to losing to UT this past season. After losing 2 straight to UT, Jacoby might actually see UGA in a different light.

You can say what you want about Qb but Butch allowed him to go through Spring as a QB.

JJ isn't dumb. He wanted on the field early asked to move.

JaCoby is playing the position best suited for him in college and further.
Lol I'm just messing with ya :) hope JJ is able to contribute a lot this year. We're going to need him

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back