'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

This one stings even more now with word of reduced spots.

Why would you let a prospect of this caliber sign early...

Since the little deal with He who shall not be named this thread has went off the rails. He is a 18/19 year old kid give him a break.

But for your question.

It's not like he is a border line D1 player. Had offers from 5 other SEC schools and 3/4 ACC schools among others.

1.) I don't think anyone saw this staff being able to get in on as many guys as they have.

2.) Position of Need

3.) In-State Guy (Wouldn't look good on the staff turning a local guy away.)

4.) From a High School in Nashville that has a couple (4-Star or better) Top 5 in-state players over the next 2 years.

Since the little deal with He who shall not be named this thread has went off the rails. He is a 18/19 year old kid give him a break.

But for your question.

It's not like he is a border line D1 player. Had offers from 5 other SEC schools and 3/4 ACC schools among others.

1.) I don't think anyone saw this staff being able to get in on as many guys as they have.

2.) Position of Need

3.) In-State Guy (Wouldn't look good on the staff turning a local guy away.)

4.) From a High School in Nashville that has a couple (4-Star or better) Top 5 in-state players over the next 2 years.

A smallish OL prospect. I thought we were supposed to be getting away from those.

Need road graders on the interior.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously he’s a super athletic guy for his size, this is a great recruit for us, can’t wait for some of the butt hurt insecure haters in here to eat crow!

Reactions: 1 person
"Power football" I don't have a definition for. The closest thing I'd have a definition for is Gap scheme teams. Which is the opposite of zone blocking. As in their main run plays are gap runs (power, trap, counter). Like an old school Joe Gibbs team.

But you really don't see that anymore. Georgia did it under Richt. Auburn does something similar out of the gun. So did we when we had Dobbs.

What do you think of the term, "big boy football?"

Dumb mistake no doubt but give me a break... let’s all grow up, quit being snowflakes and move on.

I don't consider calling out a recruit, who just signed his LOI with a school and follows it up by doing what he did,being a "snowflake". Maybe representing a school that most of us love means more to the people on the other side of your argument.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't consider calling out a recruit, who just signed his LOI with a school and follows it up by doing what he did,being a "snowflake". Maybe representing a school that most of us love means more to the people on the other side of your argument.

I do I guess, grow up he’s still a high schooler.... that’s should put things in perspective.

VN Store

Back