'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

No way man. Just found out he's a 3 star 'super athlete'.

Many on this board think VOL targeted 3 stars are well... THE MOST ATHLETIC AND TALENTED AND WE ARE SUPER LUCKY TO GET! Many on this board thought the mighty Bob Welton was the best talent evaluator in the universe. 3 stars are 3 stars. This guy along with the attitude is a 3 star loser that I don’t want to root for (I will when he plays as a Vol tho)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
That wet fart already stained Tennessee’s britches...

video-undefined-246E83EC00000578-154_636x358.jpg

Super athletic :hmm:

He’s 6-5 / 6-6 and 275 lbs or so and was playing TE, OL and DE... pretty damn athletic for a guy that size even at the high school level. I’ve coached high school football for 6 years now and can tell you two things: 1) high school kids will make dumb mistakes, which will include social media 2) it is rare to find a kid who can move well or has good feet over 6-4 and over 240 or so pounds.

Let’s be happy we have a kid with some legitimate upside and room to back on weight. If we can drop crucifying him about a single dumb mistake...

There is no true loyalty to any state or football program anymore besides with guys like Fulmer and he is a dying bread. We just hired a slew of coaches that a few weeks ago were dressed out, tweeting and talking **** about our program until they got shown some money, let’s not be blind to the fact that sometimes coaches and players are less invested in the tradition and big orange than we are.... to some it’s just football with a different jersey.

Reactions: 3 people
He’s 6-5 / 6-6 and 275 lbs or so and was playing TE, OL and DE... pretty damn athletic for a guy that size even at the high school level. I’ve coached high school football for 6 years now and can tell you two things: 1) high school kids will make dumb mistakes, which will include social media 2) it is rare to find a kid who can move well or has good feet over 6-4 and over 240 or so pounds.

Let’s be happy we have a kid with some legitimate upside and room to back on weight. If we can drop crucifying him about a single dumb mistake...

There is no true loyalty to any state or football program anymore besides with guys like Fulmer and he is a dying bread. We just hired a slew of coaches that a few weeks ago were dressed out, tweeting and talking **** about our program until they got shown some money, let’s not be blind to the fact that sometimes coaches and players are less invested in the tradition and big orange than we are.... to some it’s just football with a different jersey.

Are any of these new coaches disrespecting the university that just hired them. If they did, do you think that they would not receive the full backlash of Vol Nation? If it was just a stupid mistake, why no apology on social media?

Reactions: 3 people
Are any of these new coaches disrespecting the university that just hired them. If they did, do you think that they would not receive the full backlash of Vol Nation? If it was just a stupid mistake, why no apology on social media?

There are going to be people on both ends of the argument I guess... I’m choosing to look past it and give him support as one of our now signed players.

Instead of harping on his mistake I have tried to keep on topic of how he projects as a player for UT, any other discussion seems non productive at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
There are going to be people on both ends of the argument I guess... I’m choosing to look past it and give him support as one of our now signed players.

Instead of harping on his mistake I have tried to keep on topic of how he projects as a player for UT, any other discussion seems non productive at this point.

A little remorse about this from TA would go a long way, but I guess it's too much to ask for the dude to just say "I'm sorry" to the Tennessee fans he will be playing for.

A little remorse about this from TA would go a long way, but I guess it's too much to ask for the dude to just say "I'm sorry" to the Tennessee fans he will be playing for.

I need an apology for everything = fragile snowflake

^ this is my point, why do we all feel we need an apology?
It would probably go a long way yes but I’m not gonna worry to much about it. Probably a result of us being disappointed over and over over the past 10 years

And who knows maybe we’ll get a “I’m sorry” at some point but at this point let’s let it go!

Reactions: 1 person
I need an apology for everything = fragile snowflake

^ this is my point, why do we all feel we need an apology?
It would probably go a long way yes but I’m not gonna worry to much about it. Probably a result of us being disappointed over and over over the past 10 years

And who knows maybe we’ll get a “I’m sorry” at some point but at this point let’s let it go!

Well if you acknowledge it's a mistake as you seem to, then when one makes a mistake it only makes sense that you try and correct said mistake. That is if you value having people cheer for you and support you. The message it sends, whether Correct or not is that he doesn't think it was a mistake or he doesn't care whether he has that support.

I honestly don't care, but if he wants me to care, he's got a little work to do. I'm ambivalent concerning him at this point.

Well if you acknowledge it's a mistake as you seem to, then when one makes a mistake it only makes sense that you try and correct said mistake. That is if you value having people cheer for you and support you. The message it sends, whether Correct or not is that he doesn't think it was a mistake or he doesn't care whether he has that support.

I honestly don't care, but if he wants me to care, he's got a little work to do. I'm ambivalent concerning him at this point.

Ugh... y’all are exhausting

So let’s say he by some miracle wins the starting right tackle spot (just example) you would actively not hope or root for him to do well because he made a poor choice to joy ride with a friend and sing “and Tennessee too!”

Seems petty and not sure any of us should expect an an apology or else! Lol

I can see apologizing to teammates but a public apology makes no difference to me one way or the other. I just see it as a mistake by a teenager.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back