'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

Thanks Freak.

“I really wanted to be 285, but that sickness kind of got me,” said Antonutti. “I had, like, a flu, stomach virus that ended up putting ulcers in my stomach and esophagus, so I didn’t eat or drink anything for 12 days because it was so painful to swallow anything. “I was at 277, and then I dropped down to 251. And now I’m back up to 274. It’s just kind of discouraging, because I wanted to be ready to get up there and compete. I’m still going to compete, but that weight would have really helped.”

“I don’t think it’s going to make it too much harder than it was already going to be. It’s just one more thing that I kind of have to worry about,” he said. “But I feel like I could definitely compete and, later on in the season, be ready to help the team out.” Regardless of the role he plays in his first year at Tennessee, he said he’s excited to get started with the Vols, the team he grew up watching. “It’s all I ever dreamed of. I’m glad it’s here,” Antonutti said.

“I mean, I think the sky is the limit with this staff,” Antonutti said. “I really like Coach Friend — really intense, really straightforward, gets to the point, and I like that. Coach Pruitt, really intense. He’s going to push you to your best and over that, exceed what you think you can (do). I’m really excited about it. “I think, if we just stick to the script and don’t question the coaches, we’ll be fine. I think we’ll come out hot and play like an SEC team.”

Reactions: 8 people
200.gif

Reactions: 7 people
How long are people going to hold a grudge over something stupid he said and obviously didn't mean?

There have been a lot of recruits who have said and done a lot worse. As it is with Tanner, he's on campus and sounds like he's doing all he can to make our team better. Don't understand why people wouldn't root for him to do well.

Edit: Also, I know everyone is different, but how is it this kid went from 277 to 254 back up to 274 since signing day, meanwhile Jahmir Johnson is still basically at the weight he was when he signed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
How long are people going to hold a grudge over something stupid he said and obviously didn't mean?

There have been a lot of recruits who have said and done a lot worse. As it is with Tanner, he's on campus and sounds like he's doing all he can to make our team better. Don't understand why people wouldn't root for him to do well.

Well, other than my light hearted jab, looks like the last negative post was 5 months ago. I’d say we’ve pretty much moved on

Well, other than my light hearted jab, looks like the last negative post was 5 months ago. I’d say we’ve pretty much moved on

Hope so. I made an assumption mostly off the "bad idea" gif plus there was a post in another thread where someone said something to the effect of they were rooting for every Vol except Tanner and a couple people agreed with them.

Reactions: 1 person

Edit: Also, I know everyone is different, but how is it this kid went from 277 to 254 back up to 274 since signing day, meanwhile Jahmir Johnson is still basically at the weight he was when he signed.
I don’t disagree with you, but in regards to the weight..I’d say TA has a few more resources sitting over there in west nashville than JJonson does at his juco. 3 square meals a day for starters.

I don’t disagree with you, but in regards to the weight..I’d say TA has a few more resources sitting over there in west nashville than JJonson does at his juco. 3 square meals a day for starters.

That and losing weight from sickness is usually only temporary, as is the case here.

Reactions: 1 person
sounds like he was pretty sick. Glad he's better. Redshirt year, beef up, get the system down, come in with a starter's mentality next year.

Looking forward to all of our OL's development

Hope he doesn’t trip when he gets to Knoxville...

Attachments

• 67EA5C07-3EC6-4D2E-9F9A-6CFAE8EDC3EF.jpeg
    67EA5C07-3EC6-4D2E-9F9A-6CFAE8EDC3EF.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back