'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

"Once I talked to coach (Butch) Jones and knew that he and his staff were 100 percent committed to me and that there was no other stuff going on with other O-lineman, like if another one committed I was going to lose my spot, I knew I was going to commit," said Antonutti, who was recruited as an offensive tackle. "Once he said he was 100 percent committed to me, I knew that I needed to live out my dream and commit to him."

...Tennessee's recruiting plans include three offensive linemen for the Class of 2018, Tennessee commitment Cade Mays of Knoxville Catholic has said in the past. Antonutti is the third behind Mays and Ollie Lane of Gibbs. "It's awesome knowing that it's all Tennessee linemen," said Antonutti, a three-star prospect. "Coming into a class that has a lot of potential is great."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/07/30/ensworths-tanner-antonutti-commits-tennessee/522895001/

Reactions: 6 people
"Once I talked to coach (Butch) Jones and knew that he and his staff were 100 percent committed to me and that there was no other stuff going on with other O-lineman, like if another one committed I was going to lose my spot, I knew I was going to commit," said Antonutti, who was recruited as an offensive tackle. "Once he said he was 100 percent committed to me, I knew that I needed to live out my dream and commit to him."

...Tennessee's recruiting plans include three offensive linemen for the Class of 2018, Tennessee commitment Cade Mays of Knoxville Catholic has said in the past. Antonutti is the third behind Mays and Ollie Lane of Gibbs. "It's awesome knowing that it's all Tennessee linemen," said Antonutti, a three-star prospect. "Coming into a class that has a lot of potential is great."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/07/30/ensworths-tanner-antonutti-commits-tennessee/522895001/

If the Tennessean story is correct, then Jerome Carvin just lost his spot. Not sure I buy that one.

I sure heard a lot last year about losing in state talent. The RF nega-vols have gone into hiding with Butch practically locking up the state in 2018, and I must say it sure is nice.

Reactions: 4 people
giphy.gif

Can we add a don't like button?

I sure heard a lot last year about losing in state talent. The RF nega-vols have gone into hiding with Butch practically locking up the state in 2018, and I must say it sure is nice.

Hey Booms,
Sorry to go off topic.
But, after putting on some reading glasses and enlarging your avatar, is that our real mascot Smokey in that pix? Photoshop?
I laughed for about five minutes when I saw it up close.

I wouldnt necessarily think that's the case. He may have very well taken the last ol spot.

You may be right. But read it again, he does specifically mention someone else coming in and taking his spot. A lot of folks have brought some stuff on here from VQ that suggests the staff may now prefer 4 OL and 1 TE vs. the earlier plan of taking 3 OL and 2 TE.

You may be right. But read it again, he does specifically mention someone else coming in and taking his spot. A lot of folks have brought some stuff on here from VQ that suggests the staff may now prefer 4 OL and 1 TE vs. the earlier plan of taking 3 OL and 2 TE.

Yeah i took all that into consideration. Still think we only take 3 ol if another te high on our board wants in.

Yeah i took all that into consideration. Still think we only take 3 ol if another te high on our board wants in.

I could see that too. Especially if Carvin goes to Bama, then I could see them going all out for Tremble and/or Mitchell. It may be one of those first come, first served deals for Carvin, Tremble, and Mitchell.

But in regards to Antonutti, the article reads to me like Jones guaranteed him that someone else wouldn't come in and take his spot, not necessarily that they wouldn't recruit or sign another OL.

Reactions: 1 person
I could see that too. Especially if Carvin goes to Bama, then I could see them going all out for Tremble and/or Mitchell. It may be one of those first come, first served deals for Carvin, Tremble, and Mitchell.

But in regards to Antonutti, the article reads to me like Jones guaranteed him that someone else wouldn't come in and take his spot, not necessarily that they wouldn't recruit or sign another OL.

I agree the context is only that his spot is safe.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/austinpriceless/status/891689574531043328[/twitter]

BOOM! Awesome news to come home from morning errands to.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back