'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

Should we be excited about this kid? He's a TE in high school and has never played OL before. Who knows if he can play on the OL?

Probably have to take two right ends next year right?

We might but I think we'll still need just one, as we currently have three freshmen TEs + Eli Wolf. Can't see a need to carry more than five or six on our roster.

2018 TEs:
* JR Wolf (potentially on scholarship?)
* SO Pope (redshirted last season)
* FR Brown (likely redshirt this year)
* FR Bumphus (")
* FR Warren (redshirt next year)

Add another in '19 to give us five scholarship TEs that fall, possibly six with Wolf.

Last edited:
We might but I think we'll still need just one, as we currently have three freshmen TEs + Eli Wolf. Can't see a need to carry more than five or six on our roster.

2018 TEs:
* JR Wolf (potentially on scholarship?)
* SO Pope (redshirted last season)
* FR Brown (likely redshirt this year)
* FR Bumphus (")
* FR Warren (redshirt next year)

Add another in '19 to give us five scholarship TEs that fall, possibly six with Wolf.

Last edited:
We are recruiting him as an OL which likely means Carvin is out of the running if Antonutti commits correct?

I don't think so. We have Lane and Mays committed and I think someone said that they have decided to take 4 OL. If they did that, it would be between Falalle and Antonutti. If it's first come first served then Antonutti is gonna jump on the offer. He and his family are supposedly big UT fans.

I bet he ends up with an offfer from just about everyone after this year. Had a Nashville guy tell me this guy could play any position on the field due to his athleticism
Tough to turn down a tackle project with that athleticism

Reactions: 3 people
If he does commit, I really like the pickup. If he can get his weight up and keep his athleticism, he can be a really good left tackle prospect. It's pretty obvious that he's been waiting for our staff to give him the green light. I think he's one who will work extremely hard for us.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Jones and co. are opting for this guy over a 2nd tight end in this class?

Yes, but I think it depends on the TE. So if UT can get James Mitchell or Tremble, then no Antonutti unless they miss out on Carvin.

VN Store

Back