2016 Election Thread Part Deux

"Let’s look back at the Middle East at the very beginning of 2009, before the Obama-Clinton Administration took over.

Libya was stable.

Syria was under control.

Egypt was ruled by a secular President and an ally of the United States.

Iraq was experiencing a reduction in violence.

The group that would become what we now call ISIS was close to being extinguished.

Iran was being choked off by economic sanctions.

Fast-forward to today. What have the decisions of Obama-Clinton produced?

Libya is in ruins, our ambassador and three other brave Americans are dead, and ISIS has gained a new base of operations.

Syria is in the midst of a disastrous civil war. ISIS controls large portions of territory. A refugee crisis now threatens Europe and the United States.

In Egypt, terrorists have gained a foothold in the Sinai desert, near the Suez Canal, one of the most essential waterways in the world.

Iraq is in chaos, and ISIS is on the loose.

ISIS has spread across the Middle East, and into the West. In 2014, ISIS was operating in some 7 nations. Today they are fully operational in 18 countries with aspiring branches in 6 more, for a total of 24 – and many believe it is even more than that. The situation is likely worse than the public knows: a new Congressional report reveals that the Administration has downplayed the growth of ISIS, with 40% of analysts saying they had experienced efforts to manipulate their findings.

At the same time, ISIS is trying to infiltrate refugee flows into Europeand the United States.

Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism, is now flush with $150 billion in cash released by the United States – plus another $400 million in ransom. Worst of all, the Nuclear deal puts Iran, the number one state sponsor of Radical Islamic Terrorism, on a path to nuclear weapons.

In short, the Obama-Clinton foreign policy has unleashed ISIS, destabilized the Middle East, and put the nation of Iran – which chants ‘Death to America’ – in a dominant position of regional power and, in fact, aspiring to be a dominant world power."

I don't take this seriously because it does not account for outside factors that were totally out of the administration's control. Unfair, imo.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't take this seriously because it does not account for outside factors that were totally out of the administration's control. Unfair, imo.

So the administration bears little or no responsibility for the foreign policy decisions made during these years? Do you think the FP decisions the US makes have little impact on the ME?

Reactions: 4 people
Libya was stable? Syria was under control? The mideast was generally stable?

Give me a freaking break. What nonsense!

Libya enjoyed the highest standard of living in all of Africa. Syria was a primarily secularist democratic government. Something certainly changed to cause those countries to descend into chaos.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes yes, I'm well aware of the narrative being put out. The same crap was said the last 3 elections too.

You're going to have a tough time proving that the massaging of the poll numbers is a false narrative when Pat Caddell, a lifetime democratic pollster and adviser, says things like: “This comes as close as I have ever seen to cooking the results. I suppose you can get away with it in polling because there are no laws. But, if this was accounting, they would put them in jail."

Reactions: 1 person

I don't think we can blame the administration for the problems of Libya, Egypt, and Syria. That takes away the self-determination element of the people in those countries that were simply fed up with what was going down there.

Libya enjoyed the highest standard of living in all of Africa. Syria was a primarily secularist democratic government. Something certainly changed to cause those countries to descend into chaos.

Yes. Like people not wanting that dictator anymore. Syria a democracy? hahahaha Yeah man, Germany was a democracy in 1936 too.

Reactions: 4 people
Libya was stable? Syria was under control? The mideast was generally stable?

Give me a freaking break. What nonsense!

Yes Libya was stable and Muammar Gaddafi was contained, hadn't been a threat in 2 decades. Syria wasn't bothering anyone outside it's borders and was in the midst of a civil war that did not need our intervention.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think we can blame the administration for the problems of Libya, Egypt, and Syria. That takes away the self-determination element of the people in those countries that were simply fed up with what was going down there.

We took the self determination factor out of the peoples hands when we chose sides and started arming and bombing.

Yes Libya was stable and Muammar Gaddafi was contained, hadn't been a threat in 2 decades. Syria wasn't bothering anyone outside it's borders and was in the midst of a civil war that did not need our intervention.

There's a geopolitical game being played here that complicate this narrative.

You're going to have a tough time proving that the massaging of the poll numbers is a false narrative when Pat Caddell, a lifetime democratic pollster and adviser, says things like: “This comes as close as I have ever seen to cooking the results. I suppose you can get away with it in polling because there are no laws. But, if this was accounting, they would put them in jail."

I don't have to prove anything, because I'm not making the assertion, and quoting one person doesn't prove your case.

The middle East was far from stable. But let's be serious here. Our current administration did nothing but make it worse. We continue to make the same moronic mistakes thinking we can and should interfere with other nations that don't give two ****s about us. When we should stop, bounce out, and let them destroy themselves. We instead go in and create something worse.

The middle East was far from stable. But let's be serious here. Our current administration did nothing but make it worse. We continue to make the same moronic mistakes thinking we can and should interfere with other nations that don't give two ****s about us. When we should stop, bounce out, and let them destroy themselves. We instead go in and create something worse.

That's why Rand Paul should have been the Republican nominee instead of Cheeto.

the same folks who lambasted Bush for Iraq (and rightfully so because we shouldn't be nation building) now can't find it within themselves to lay a single ounce of fault with the current administration for decisions that have undoubtedly made the Middle East even worse

Today, Trump and his national security advisor, failed retired general and Russian State TV employee, Michael Flynn, are set to receive their intelligence briefings for the first time.

#Winning

VN Store

Back